Chapter 44

Naruto was still not fully awake from his sleep. This can be proven when he continued to sleepwalking around his room.

"Ramen, Ramen, Ramen!" Naruto muttered in his sleep as he raised his right hand, which cloaked in black flames. He sleepwalking towards the door then punches it, creating a blast enough for anyone at the hotel to hear it. The blast created smoke and burnt wood.

finally fully awake from his sleep due to the explosion earlier, Naruto noticed the damage in front of him and widened his eyes

"WHAT THE HELL..." Naruto
screaming hysterically. he looked at the door in front of him and saw black flames, dancing wildly in the remnants of his former bedroom door. Did he just blast his own bedroom door while sleepwalking. Master will not like the idea of him causing too much damage of public property. After all He had dealt enough complaints from the Magic Council.

Everyone inside the hotel began to turn their attention to the noise. Others from the hallway near Naruto's room, were caught suprised from the blast earlier which scared them.

"A bomb?"

"Robbers?"

"Dark Guild attack?"

A mixture of muttering opinions fill the air even from the lobby and entrance of the hotel where Wendy currently supposed to be.

"Explosion?" Wendy asked as she overheard something from the tenants. In a few seconds, she saw Naruto running towards the entrance with an angry hotel manager behind him on hot pursuit. Naruto saw Wendy and waving his right hand towards her, while keep running away from the angry crowd.

"Yo! Wendy! Good Morning. Sorry but we're kind of in hurry today. We can talk later let's meet up at the train station. I'll eat somewhere far from here. Later then." He again smile and waved again before rushing out.

"Naruto-saaaaaan!" She tried to call out but he was already out of sight as she saw the blonde godslayer figures went to another direction with the hotel manager tailing him.

"Mira-san just entrusted me to keep Naruto-san from destroying things." Wendy muttered.

'I think something bad is going to happen in this town.' Wendy thought and sighed as her other guildmates cause trouble around Fiore again. Yup there ain't a single day where Naruto can't cause any damage at a high scale. At least Wendy is used to it now.

'I kinda feel bad for Master though.' Wendy nodded sagely as the thought crossed into her minds.

'I'm sure, Naruto-san will be fine. I better find a place to eat right now'

The sky dragonslayer walked to the opposite direction and began to entering a restaurant. Meanwhile, Naruto managed outrun the hotel manager. Due to Naruto's stamina and energy, he wasn't able to keep up and eventually gave up but will write a report concerning his recklessness. Still, he's dead when he comes back to Fairy Tail.

"Next time, I'll be more careful." Naruto muttered and he scratched his head as a sign of relief after the whole chase.

'Now that he's gone, I need to find a place to eat' he thought while stood up from his hiding place and walked like innocent people. he got into a restaurant and ate like he never eaten for twenty years. Fortunately, Naruto didn't get into any fight. In another restaurant, Wendy ate her breakfast quietly. Of course she have manners as she eat her food decently. Wendy finished eating and stared to the street as multiple people walked into different directions, while thinking deeply.

'I wonder what Grandine is doing right now' She thought. She then resumed her stare with her hand supporting her chin. After awhile she payed her bill and went back to the hotel to gather her things. Naruto on the other hand was already making his way to the train station. Naruto already packed up all things in, his room earlier so he will just wait for Wendy. Naruto was seating in a bench and almost half asleep, while waiting for her.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." A familiar voice managed to recall Naruto back to reality, making him turn around to see it was Wendy. Wendy was wearing a blue dress with two stripes of light blue just above her skirt. At the center of her dress could be seen a flower. The necklace she received from Naruto was tied unto her neck. Right now she don't mind wearing it even if someone is around.

"Nah, I'm not bothered by it. I have lots to do to kill time." Naruto says cheerfully. He briefly stood up and went to where the train is standing by, followed by the blue haired dragon slayer.

They entered the train and sat to their seats. Wendy has no choice but to sit beside Naruto because of many people entering the train. The train started departing with Wendy is still sitting like she never move a muscle. She don't know what to do and finally fell asleep next to the blonde godslayer.

The train finally stopped and Wendy woke up just as the same time. Naruto and Wendy began to step outside the train. They finally reached to their designated town. The town was just as the same as Magnolia. There aren't much buildings but mostly houses and shops can be seen around. People are friendly and are all simple folks. They work hard for a living. At the center can also see a big clock tower wtih 4 sides showing time. Proably it was a landmark for this town.

"So this is the town of Herthia." Naruto stated as he looked to the details of the town list in his right hand.

"Look! Look! Naruto-san. A tower." Wendy happily pointed the tower as she turned around to see Naruto staring at a ramen restaurant.

'Always into food' Wendy sweatdropped at the blonde godslayer antics.

"Nah, I could eat later, first we need information about our job." He replied as he managed to get his attention out of the food and went over to her.

"Let's do our best Naruto-san." Wendy said with cheerfulness.

Naruto glanced at Wendy's bright smile, and slightly blushed. at least doing this job has its own benefits.