1.28

I woke up shivering

I woke up shivering. The pain in my chest had gotten less intense but I still felt like passing out any second. I fluttered my eyes open, hearing a vague voice saying "She's awake!" I heard several people shushing him and I figured it was Minho.

I grinned to myself and heard Frypan's worried voice "She's smiling, why is she smiling?"

"Calm down, Fry. She's probably just amused by y'all's stupid asses." Brenda joked. I cocked my head to the side and smiled seeing Newt, he had been holding my hand the entire time. "Hey." he said quietly. I looked him in the eyes and fell in love all over again.

I tried to look down at my chest, it was all covered up by bandages and there was a drip needle attached to my arm. I looked around, smiling at each and everyone of my friends sitting in the tent we were in. My eyes fell on the worried Minho and smirked "Look at you, all worried and everything."

Minho raised his eyebrows and shook his head rapidly "Me? I'm just here for the food." I chuckled but instantly regretted it and placed a hand on my hurting chest.

"Should I get Mary?" Thomas asked in concern, standing up from his seat. "Who the hell is Mary? Where are we anyways?" I asked feeling a bit flustered.

"We're with the right arm, Mary took care of your shot wound. One of them shot you, she thought you were going to attack." Newt explained, rubbing his fingers over my knuckles soothingly.

I grinned to myself ever so calmly, maybe it was the morphine they had given me because I wasn't usually this calm. "Oh yeah, I remember."

My friends laughed at my behaviour. I grinned and looked directly into Newt's eyes, finding so much comfort in them. We stared at each other in silence.

"Come on, guys. Let's give them some privacy." Thomas said, pulling the rest of my friends with him. "What? Why?" Minho groaned but Thomas pulled him out of the tent. I smiled thankfully at Thomas which he returned.

Once they left Newt leaned down, caressing my cheek and pressing his lips against mine, gently.

"For a moment I thought you were going to—" he moved his eyes away from mine, trying to hold back the tears in his eyes. I squeezed his hand saying "I know, I couldn't go yet. I had some unfinished business." I said with a smirk on my face. Newt chuckled and brushed some hair out of my face. "Is that so?"

"I forgot to tell you something, Newt."

"What did you forget to tell me?"

"I love you, so so much."

The biggest smile appeared on his face, it felt like the first time I had seen a smile on his face that was this big. He leaned down and whispered "I love you too, more than anything." his lips met mine, making me feel that tingle I always got whenever he touched me in every way possible.

"You know, when you can walk again we should run away together." he said, his face merely an inch away from mine.

I grinned and placed my hand on his cheek. "Alright, I'll run away with you." he smiled at me before our lips met once again, but I could never get tired of it.

Feeling lucky I fell back into a deep slumber. Holding Newt's hand made me feel safe and it got rid of any fear I felt. He made me feel secure and wherever we were, it wouldn't matter as long as I was with him.