1.29

third person's view

third person's view

The wounded brunette laid peacefully in one of the tents. She slept whilst the remaining gladers sat on a hill, looking over the camp. The feeling os being with the right arm, the feeling of being rescued was unusual for them.

The four male Gladers were staring into the horizon, watching the sun setting in front of their eyes.

"I wish Alby could see this." Newt spoke, his eyes falling onto the people who walked around the camp.

"And Winston." Frypan added, thinking back how the Glader only died just a few days ago.

"And Chuck." Thomas said, holding onto the carved figurine in his hand that Chuck had given him, a reminder of the cheerful Glader. But the Glade seemed like ages ago.

"He'd be proud of you now, Tommy." Newt said, eyeing at the brunet boy. Thomas missed Chuck just as much as Julia did, they had shared a special bond with the boy.

"Hey, Aris." Frypan yelled at the blond sitting by the fire with his two friends, the girls who were in the same maze as him, Harriet and Sonya. Aris looked up, smiling widely at the them "Hey, guys."

"I like that kid."

"Yeah, I still don't trust him though." Minho said but the four shared a look and bursted out into laughter. Aris had saved their lives multiple times and they were grateful for it.

"Where's Teresa?" Thomas asked.

"She went up there." Newt explained, pointing at the mountain where the brunette was standing, lost in thoughts. Without sharing another word, Thomas headed towards Teresa.

The remaining three Gladers shared some words and joked around whilst a sudden, all too familiar sound was heard. Wicks moved in a rapid manner. Helicopters and planes appeared from behind the mountains.

"WICKED!"

The three jumped up and ran towards the tent with the sleeping brunette. Newt scooped her up into his arms. She woke up in an instant and grunted in pain whilst Newt held her. She knitted her eyebrows together and looked around groggily. "What's happening?" she muttered, quietly and almost inaudible.

"WICKED, they found us, I'm taking you away."

Minho and Frypan called for Newt, they ran outside and were shocked to find WICKED's guards holding guns and shooting up the place. Julia rubbed the sleep from her eyes and was suddenly wide awake once she heard the loud gunshots.

Only a second after they left the tent it lit on fire and Newt was relieved he picked Julia up in time. He continued running until he got to a pickup truck and laid the small brunette down.

Vince, the leader of the right arm stood in the back of the truck, shooting with a machine gun. He threw several guns at the Gladers and they began to shoot at the dressed in black guards.

Julia grunted and sat up, grabbing ahold of a gun. It took her everything to stay awake but if it meant protecting her friends she'd do it all over again. She pulled the trigger and took a few of WICKED down.

Newt looked over his shoulder with concern at his girlfriend, seeing how much pain she was in. A fresh blood stain formed on her chest, blood dripped onto her bare legs. He wanted to stop her but there was no time. A sudden movement changed everything, a hand grenade was thrown towards the Gladers. Several screams were heard before it exploded and the brunette lost her consciousness again.