1.36

"Gross

"Gross."

We were walking through shallow water in the sewer. It was our only way into the city but it smelled disgusting to say the least.

"Don't be such a baby, this is great." I commented, earning some funny looks from the guys, Newt, Gally and Thomas.

I grinned to myself and kept my eyes forwards, hoping not to see any hidden cranks. Dark places were their favourite after all.

"What's the story behind that scar and those bruises, little one?" Gally asked. I shook my head and playfully pushed his arm "Hey! Only Fry gets to call me that." Gally chuckled, shaking his head.

"The story is that I've been in the same position as Minho for the past six months. I guess these bruises tell you about the quality of the stay there."

A look appeared on Gally's face that I couldn't understand, maybe it was anger or confusion. He seemed frustrated with himself. I bit my lip and began speaking again "But I guess it's partly my fault, I kept breaking their noses. If it wasn't because of these guys I'd probably still be there." I said looking back at Newt and Thomas, they each smiled at me.

"I like it." Gally started, I raised my eyebrows, unsure of what he meant "The scar on your face and the hair, it suits ya." he smirked. I rolled my eyes and bumped my arm against his. I wasn't sure why but Newt caught up with me and slid his hand into mine making Gally look away in an instant. Weird.

I tried to ignore the tension and kept walking. After another few minutes we reached a ladder. Gally climbed up first and I went second. He reached his hand out to help me up so I grabbed it. He pulled me up like I were as light as a feather. "Thanks."

"No problem. Behind this door is the city, try to blend in." Gally explained. I brushed the dirt off my bare legs and arms and followed the guys outside. Newt held onto my hand as we walked through the many people walking on the streets in crowds.

All of us, except Gally were amazed by how big and modern everything looked. The buildings were a million stories high and had blue and white lights beaming from them. Everything was still in tact, the opposite from the rest of the shucked up world.

"This is a long way from the Glade." Newt mumbled. I nodded in agreement and stopped in my tracks to look over the city.

"Fifteen minutes until mandatory curfew, please get home in an ordinarily fashion. Remember this is for your own safety." a woman's voice boomed through the speakers of the city.

"Yeah, we better get off the street. I know it's hard but act like you've seen it before." Gally said.

We continued walking through the city, people had now left the streets due to the curfew rules. But there were surveilling cars almost everywhere.

"That's security, I'm guessing you shanks have something to do with that. Let's get out of here."

We ran after Gally and he led us to the walls. He stood by the wall and held his hands together to help us climb onto the wall. "Julia, you go first."

I nodded and bit my lip as I held onto his shoulder and stepped onto his hands. He pushed me up so I could grab ahold of the walls and climb on top of the railing that led to a staircase.

I succeeded and waited for the rest. Together we climbed our way on top of the staircases. A few minutes of climbing passed and we were about seventy feet from the ground below us.

"There it is! Minho, that's where they're keeping him." Gally whisper yelled and pointed at a building in the centre of the city. "We've been trynna find our way in for years, the place is crawling with soldiers. They got surveillance everywhere, scanners on every floor."

Gally pulled something out of his bag, something that appeared to be some kind of telescope. He attached it onto the railing and peeked through the hole.

"Sounds like a bloody fortress." Newt commented.

"I thought you said we had a way in." I said. Gally looked me in the eyes before speaking "I might."

"You might? The hell do you mean might?" Thomas scowled.

"Take a look." Gally signed towards the telescope. Thomas sighed and did as he said but lost all of its colour once he saw something through the device. "I said I had a way in, I didn't say you were gonna like it."

I was completely unaware of what he meant until I looked through the telescope myself. The very reason I spent six months locked up in hell was now standing in my eyesight.

"That bitch." I murmured, both Newt and Gally laughed at this but Thomas still looked unamused.

Gally was right though, how much I hated her I knew she still cared for Thomas and that was something we could take as our advantage. Teresa was our way in and Minho's way out.