1.39

We stepped into an elevator, I stood next to Newt, staying close to him just in case

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

We stepped into an elevator, I stood next to Newt, staying close to him just in case. I kept my eyes on him and every move he made. The door of the elevator was about to close when someone slipped their hand inside.

My heart skipped a beat when a certain rat stepped into the elevator. I hated him and wanted to blow his head off but I knew it would blow our entire plan.

He stood next to Teresa and smiled "You're working late, that's what I like about you, Teresa. No matter how bleak things get you just— well you never give up. Times like this you need a friend that you can count on."

"I'll bear that in mind."

"There is one thing you should know, one friend to another, Thomas is here." Janson said and it made my heart leap. I thought we were caught and gripped my gun tightly.

"The surveillance picked him up outside the walls. Ava didn't want to tell you but there's a chance he might try to contact you. If he does I'd like to think I'd be your first call."

"Are you going to kill him?"

"Would that be a problem?"

Teresa ignored his question when the elevator came to a stop. Janson stepped outside and smiled at Teresa. I sighed in relief once the doors closed again.

"Thomas, you have to listen to me. That serum won't safe Newt. It might buy him some time but—"

"Yeah, don't listen to her. She's trying to get inside your head." Newt said, pushing Teresa forwards.

"Thomas, listen. You know what's going on out there. People are dying, the world is dying. There's something in your blood I don't understand."

"There's a lot we don't understand, Teresa. But that doesn't mean what you're doing is ok. Face it. Once this is all over, you'll hate yourself for working along with them, WICKED." I said.

Teresa looked at the ground before pressed her finger against a scanner and it opened a door.

"Listen, let me run some tests. I promise to protect you."

"Yeah? Like you protected Minho?" Thomas scowled, pulling the mask from his head.

"What are you doing?"

"How many people do they have to take? How many people do they have to round up, torture? Huh? When the hell does it stop?"

"It stops when we find the cure."

"There is no goddamn cure!"

"Don't waste your breath, Teresa. He made his choice long ago." Janson was walking towards us with his guards.

"Stop the kid!"

I held my gun in front of me and aimed it at it's ugly face. Thomas groaned and held his gun against Teresa her head whilst she was trapped in his grip.

"Back off, tell them to back off!"

"Thomas, come on. It's me, I've known you longer than you can remember. You don't want to shoot her."

"You don't think so?"

"Ok, come on then. Shoot her, prove me wrong. Shoot her."

I bit my lip expecting to hear a gunshot but instead we got pushed back by Teresa before she flipped the switch and shut the door in front of us. Janson scowled and fired at the glass door but it remained untouched.

Both Newt and I threw our masks on the ground, pleased with their shocked faces. We followed Thomas further into the building.

People in white coats were running around in panic. Newt grabbed my hand as we walked through the building. I looked up at his face and realised how bad he was looking. His face was pale and his eyes were losing its usual spark.

"Let's move!" Thomas yelled when we heard gunshots behind us. Janson and his buddies had found us and we're aiming their guns at us. We turned around a corner but there was a guard coming right for us.

"You three, freeze! Get down to the ground now! I said get your ass—"

I gasped hearing a gunshot and was shocked when the guard fell onto the ground and it revealed Minho standing behind him. I squealed in excitement and jumped in his arms. He chuckled and hugged the others as well.

"This is real?"

"Yeah!"

"They're over here!" the guards shouted. I pulled Minho's arm and together we ran away. But nonetheless Janson followed us of course. Thomas pushed a door open and ran inside with us following.

We locked the door but there was no other way out. I panted and paced around the small room. Thomas and Newt were barricading the door, keeping the guards out.

"Any ideas?"

I turned around, looking at the tall windows. I stepped closer and looked outside. An idea popped into my head.

"I think Julia just got an idea." Thomas said, noticing what I was looking at. I nodded "I have an idea, but you're not going to like it."

Thomas threw something heavy against the window, causing it to shatter into a million pieces. We looked over the edge, it was doable. There was water at the bottom but it was a long way down.

"It's doable."

"Sure about this?"

"Not really."

"Nice pep talk."

I took a few steps back and looked Newt in the eyes. His lips curled into a comforting smile and he took my hand into his.

"I'm bloody inspired."

I grinned hearing Newt's comment and counted down to jump. Together we ran and jumped out of the window. I held my breath and felt my body falling from seventy feet high. I closed my eyes once my body hit the cold water.

Relief surrounded me and I swam to the surface. I took a deep breath and swam to the edge, smiling at my friends who seemed alright as well.

"Freeze!"

"You've got to be kidding me."

A group of guards were approaching us, holding guns in our direction. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the knife from my pocket.

"Don't even think about it, girly! Get on your knees and arms in—"

One of the guards began shooting the other guards and I couldn't be more confused until he removed his mask. Gally smirked down at us. I brushed a hand through my wet hair and sighed in relief.

"Gally." Minho muttered in shock seeing the guy who was supposedly dead for months and was now standing in front of his eyes.

"Minho. You guys are nuts."

I'll run away with you. | the maze runner [newt]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें