The Hot Webpage

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Currently unavailable for any further requests at this time. If your request does need immediate attention, please see the list of recommendations we have provided below for you, and we apologize for the inconvenience. If you still wish to contact us, you can mail all of your information to Delain Post Office, P.O Box 50, Delain, Irina 63333. We'll try to get back to you as soon as we can, and we'll post when we can respond to your emails again. Thank you.

Left nails tapping against the desk, the creature smirked a little. Given Nick's past and the information in that paragraph, whatever case his team and he had taken up was major. They, technically, still were taking requests, but most people probably wouldn't mail Nick's team the information unless it was exceptionally dire, which most likely had been the intent of their message. Even then, more of those requests would be dwindled out by the fact that Nick and his team probably wouldn't read the mailed letters until several days or weeks after they had been sent in. That way, his team and he could focus almost entirely on whatever case they had agreed upon in Delain.

A bit of doubt did enter the creature's head, however. Nick never wanted to encounter another creature. After the tunnels, he clearly was done, yet he had aided (f/n) a few months back. Then again, he had known (f/n) and had been stuck in the amusement park with her. The creature sighed in annoyance. Just thinking about that incident again pissed him off, but after a few more breaths, he managed to cool himself down and shove it aside.

Right now, all that mattered was that Nick was working on something massive. Callest or not, it was worth investigating. In the past, the only reason anyone ever was certain of him being the one to kill those in the tunnels centered on the fact that he had utilized the characteristic five-puncture wound. He stopped that after the tunnels, and he doubted that Callest left a signature mark behind. So, Nick might have no suspicion that another creature was involved if there even was one in the first place.

Regardless, the creature opened a new tab and typed in the town and state's name and news stories. The first result mentioned something about a winter festival in the town and how businesses already were placing bright and wintry decorations on and around the main street. A festival sounded like fun since he never had been to one, but he didn't wish to go unless his pink flower was with him. Even then, he would have to keep his left hand in a pocket at all times and make sure that he didn't appear too suspicious. Honestly, it would be too much of a risk, and he'd rather not jeopardize everything to have a few hours of possible new fun.

Besides, his partner would have to be careful too in case anyone recognized her, and he suspected that ... she might need a long recovery time after he found her. A festival would be out of the question. And even if she hated every moment of it, he would nurse her back to health since that was more important than their arguments.

Moving past the festival, he scrolled down and found a few more news stories that weren't really worth his time. It wasn't until the second page on the search engine that he discovered something promising: a news report about missing persons in the area. He clicked on the link and loaded up the text before his eyes began to scan over the information.

Following the missing case of Erika Clarence, two other people have been reported missing in the Delain area. The time between the first person, Ms. Clarence, and the second, William Gradeson, was about two month's time. Ms. Clarence is a fifty-year-old woman with a daughter of twenty-seven. Her daughter reported that with the disappearance of her mother, a few odd items around the house went missing too: apples and underwear from the daughter's room. But, there also were other, more valuable things taken from the home: her mother's gold jewelry and lockbox. Ms. Clarence and her daughter lived on the outskirts of Delain in a small one-story home.