The Strict Uncertainty

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

"The signal ultimately depends on ... him." Ether sighed, not liking the idea. It was evident that no one else appreciated it either. "I won't wake her up until he demands it. Otherwise, there was no purpose in knocking her unconscious."

"Great," her father muttered, looking as though he would smash the nearby table into two, though; he most likely was hoping to crush Ether's head, but that wasn't exactly realistic. "Another thing we have to depend on him for." His (e/c) eyes locked sharply with Ether's. "First, I have to trust that he'll keep my wife and baby safe when you ram a truck into the building. Now, I have to have him ask you to wake my daughter back up." With his patience thinning, he rubbed the bridge of his nose and tapped his right foot against the floor. "What if he doesn't ask for that? What if he just wants her dead then and there?"

Before Ether could reply, (f/n) cut in, "He won't." Her father glanced over to her. "After everything, he won't. Ether's already told you that he wants an audience. If I'm out unconscious, he can't have the audience he wants." His daughter was disgusted by such a fact, but she knew that it was true, and it also would get her father to believe in Ether's plan a little more even if the whole thing sounded bizarre. Unfortunately, she couldn't come up with something better. "He'll want me to wake up."

Releasing a rough sigh, her father crossed his arms over his chest. "Fine, but I still hate this whole thing." Everyone in the room mentally thought welcome to the club. "But, what happens after my daughter wakes up?" His eyes narrowed at Ether, and Ether held his glare, but Ether, admittedly, was worried about that part the most.

"... I don't know." Almost, (d/n) rose out of the chair, but Deidre rested a hand on his right shoulder to calm him down. She shook her head lightly, and (f/n)'s father released another sigh. His fists clenched, but he remained seated. Ether resisted the urge to grin at the older male due to the circumstances, but even the thought of grinning quickly vanished from his mind as concern crept back in. "Once (f/n) is up, he'll probably begin the negotiation. It'll be something sick, and he'll still try to kill your wife and child regardless of whether it's fulfilled or not unless he has a change of heart, which I doubt."

Ether's left nails tapped against his right forearm. "I just don't know what he'll ask. It might have to deal with finishing off what he wanted last time. Or, he might change it to something else." Honestly, any of the possibilities running through his head involved his pink flower getting skewered one way or another, and it made him sick. Nearly, he stabbed his own arm at the thoughts, but he stopped himself just before he could.

"Do you want us to jump in, then?" Nick questioned, trying hard not to look over at (f/n) in concern. Then again, it was made easier by the fact that Deidre would be involved in the rescue plan too, and he refused to let her die under his watch. Ultimately, (f/n) had Ether's protection. Deidre only had him when it came down to it since (f/n)'s father would be focused entirely on his family.

Nodding, Ether replied, "Most likely. That's why if you two are by the hatch in the roof, you'll need it open a little. That way, you two can see to a degree when the other creature looks most vulnerable or when he looks ready to kill (f/n)'s mother and sibling." His very pale blue optics looked over to Chris before they traveled back to Nick and Deidre. "Both of you should be prepared to be severely injured or killed when you jump him. Chris attacked him from below; you'll be coming from above." Both Nick and Deidre felt their stomach curl into knots, but they tried to keep neutral facial expressions; however, Ether easily could tell that they feeling immense trepidation.