The Nasty Dead-end

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Rushing towards the tracks, Nick and Ren came to an abrupt stop when they saw what lay ahead. The new creature was facing them, and a bored expression was on his countenance. His very pale blue gaze wasn't on them, however. Rather, it stared towards the closed door, which blocked both humans from their partner now racing towards the entrance. Ren swallowed a harsh breath and nearly choked on his saliva, which caused the creature's optics to fall on him.

Despite the intimidating, yet emotionless stare, Ren couldn't resist hurriedly checking the door as if it suddenly had vanished so that the creature could bolt through the doorway and after Chris. When the younger of the two males met the creature's gaze once more, he took a step back as the creature raised a brow. "She means something to you, doesn't she? As more than a friend?" he asked as if it was the most lifeless inquiry on the planet. Ren didn't respond, at least not verbally, but the worry that increased in his optics gave him away. "Does she feel the same?"

Nick, not liking where the questioning was going, gripped Ren's right wrist and tugged on him to wake him up. Ren looked over to Nick, who shook his head as if indicating for Ren not to get lost in the creature's unyielding stare. "It's probably a good chance," the creature muttered before he averted his eyes down the tracks going towards the entrance. "She won't leave you behind, then."

"What ..." Ren started in a yell, but Nick tugged on him harshly, silencing him. Ren was about to argue. Again, Nick shook his head. Nick knew that it only would lead to trouble.

"What do I know?" the creature questioned, diverting his orbs back to the pair. "I don't know much about her or you, but," he lifted his left index finger to Nick, "I know about him. You should've known about him too and what he did." Nick squeezed Ren's wrist so that he wouldn't answer as a scratchy chuckle left the creature. "You associated yourself with someone who signed your death sentence."

The creature could hear both of their heartbeats pick up. Typical. "But, it won't be fast. I do need to use you four as toys, though;" Callest locked his optics onto Nick, "you'll be last to die." Without another word, Callest darted towards them. Instantly, the two of them threw themselves behind one of the pillars, and the creature skidded to a halt before it hit the item. That gave them a little bit of time to head towards another door on the platform, which was open.

Coming after them again, they used the pillars to their advantage, but it wasn't like the creature was trying either. No, he wanted a different target first. They would come later, but he desired for them to be in storage in the meantime. Much to his plan, both males hurried into the hall leading towards platform three and gate two.

A loud slam echoed through the current platform and tunnel behind it as the metal door shut. Nick and Ren, noting that the lock on the other side wasn't one that required a key, turned the small dial. Through the air, a satisfying click resonated, and the creature banged against the other side. To open the door from the creature's end, a key would be needed, and they suspected that the creature had the key, so they didn't wait around. Instead, they hurried off to one of the rooms to hide in for awhile and hopefully come up with a better strategy to reconnect with Chris and possibly Deidre if she escaped the creature before they did.

Banging halted when the creature heard their footsteps distance themselves and eventually vanish. He smirked but not out of amusement. It was because they were so idiotic; they had fallen right into his hands. Callest faced away from the locked door, which he could break down after a few dashes into it, or he simply could utilize the key he had to the door.