The Green Knotting

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Back and forth. Back and forth. Between her mother and him, her mind was trying to put everything together. She knew what she was seeing; she knew beforehand that she would witness a scene like the one before her, but it was as though her mind went on shutdown. Her (e/c) eyes were wide with fear, and she found herself collapsing in Ether's arms. He held her up, and she had a feeling that he was calling her name, but it was as though her ears weren't registering the sound.

In front of her was her mother in a similar position to how she had been on occasions when that other creature had been torturing her. Sure, she had heard him threatening Ether and her mother. She had managed to block him out during that time span until he really was going to kill her mother then and there. Seeing him and her mother like that, though, was an entirely different picture. It was as though every horrible action he had committed to her was reoccurring in her mind, and it was awful.

When her optics witnessed him grin, a grin with no amusement and just disgust, it was as though she was back in the subway. Instead of her mother underneath his foot, it was her. Rot, crimson and maggots surrounded her in a macabre fashion. Nausea formed in the pit of her stomach, and her head throbbed with a growing headache. All of her limbs shook.

"It looks like she still knows her place." The other creature kept up his grin and removed his foot from her mother's head. "But, she still thinks that she can get away without further punishment." Her ears collected his words, and her mind processed them, but they only caused her to tremble more. His nails stabbing through her, blood splattering her surroundings and loud, thunderous shouts assaulting her ears ... All of it played through her head as though it was some sick slideshow in an old movie theater.

"(F/n)," she heard whispered to her from behind her. She knew that it was Ether, but she couldn't break her gaze away from the other creature. Just barely, she even saw her mother, who wanted to crawl across the floor and reach her daughter out of desperation to spare her from what the other creature wanted, but her mother couldn't move. Otherwise, (m/n) never would get the chance; the creature next to her might knock her out or kill her. "(F/n)," her name was repeated behind her.

"See, this is how you should've treated her. She can't look away because she's too petrified, yet she can ignore you as though you're nothing but a harmless fly." Callest smirked, but he took no pleasure in his words. To him, they were the truth, nothing else. "Since she's up, I can continue on with what will happen if you don't kill her."

Ether's grip tightened on her, but she barely noticed. (F/n) didn't view either the murderous gleam in Ether's very pale blue optics. His left nails wished to stab, cut and tear apart Callest. It was hard to control himself, but (f/n)'s current state helped to keep him by her. Amid his anger, he was heavily concerned for his pink flower, and he could tell that she was cracking. If he left her, she might break completely; he couldn't allow that.

Callest, though, locked his eyes with (f/n)'s. She desperately desired to look away, but she couldn't. It seemed that her eyes were shaking, and the world around her spun. How she wanted to turn away and hide her face in Ether's hoodie. It would be pathetic, but she couldn't help herself. The feeling of missing him, even though he was right behind her, was growing strong. Unfortunately, all she could do in that moment was steadily raise her hands to his arms and squeeze them. That action caught Ether's attention immediately, and he inwardly was relieved that she was able to break out of her shock just a little bit in order to have him comfort her.