The Large Gathering

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Once again, the door opened. That time, though, it wasn't just Deidre on the other side. (F/n) couldn't spot Nick from where she was sitting, but she saw Chris and Ren. Chris had no crutches, but there was a large compression boot on her right leg, and she was leaning on Ren for support. Coming into the room first, Deidre stood closest to the table, and Ether didn't mind. Ren helped Chris over to the bed. The auburn-haired male looked over to Ether, who made no motion to stop him. Since he took that as a sign that it was alright, Ren helped his fiancée sit on the bed and get comfortable before he joined her.

Smiling over to both of them, (f/n) tried to reassure them that they would be fine and not to worry about Ether. Ren nodded back, and Chris gave her a grin even if it did hold a slight bit of nervousness in it. Even if the Ren and Chris had been cooped up in a car with Ether before, they had no idea how he would react in the present moment. He was unpredictable, so they kept their distance and sat on the side of the bed closest to the door.

Ether's optics didn't stay on them long. Rather, they traveled over to the last individual entering the room: Nick. The bedroom door didn't close. Instead, Nick stood in the doorway and leaned against it. He didn't take another step into the room, and Ether smirked at his decision, which was a wise one. (F/n) gave Nick an apologetic look, but Nick pretended to ignore it, which didn't bother (f/n) since she knew that he was trying to keep Ether from getting pissed off.

"So in two weeks," (f/n) began, moving her gaze to each of the four other humans in the room, "Ether and I should head back to my parent's home. I don't want to leave them alone any longer, and my injuries will be fully recovered." Her eyes, momentarily, glanced to the remaining ginger cookies, but she decided to wait before she had another one. "But if we leave all of you here with the other creature still alive ..." She trailed off as a grim look consumed her expression. "... Well, you most likely all will die."

"Will your parents be alright with housing all of us?" Nick asked straightaway. His expression was unreadable currently, but it wasn't due to Ether. A grin painted Ether's lips. Nick hoped that (f/n) would give him a positive answer. Otherwise, he might very well panic. As much as Ether wouldn't mind seeing him in that state, he knew that if Nick didn't come, the others probably wouldn't either. Chris and Deidre, he didn't think that they deserved a slow, painful death at the hands of Callest. Ren ... he was neutral on, but he was engaged to Chris, so he was more fine with Ren being there than Nick.

Unfortunately if one could come, all of them would. It was like one of those sales humans had in stores where one could buy something and get it free. In the case of Nick tagging along, however, it was as though the store was giving the individual their trash as the free item. Annoyingly, he couldn't just dump the trash somewhere. A frustrated sigh parted from his lips. "They should be fine with it," Ether grumbled out while his right hand moved (f/n)'s chair closer to him. (F/n) almost shot him a glare, but she stopped when she saw the scowl on his face. A dreadful chill snaked up her spine, and she didn't say another word presently.

"It'll just be hard to hide all of you, so they'll have to come up with some reason for why you're all there." Ether lifted up his left index nail and pointed to Nick, who shivered at the gesture. "Especially you." A heavy frown coated the creature's lips. "People will wonder why one of the survivors of Cankerfell came back after he purposely left his home near to the town. They all know that you never wanted to step into the town again."