The Waxy Crumbling

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Very pale blue optics didn't fall upon her chest or the supple flesh there. They paid that no mind as they stared further at the scene before them. Rather, they concentrated on the scars, cuts and bruises. There wasn't just one of each or one overall of the markings. No, there were multiple, and his heart tightened into a horrendous knot. It was as though the blood in his veins had forgotten how to flow, and it became a solid mass that weighed him down into the icy depths of anguish.

Slowly, his optics trailed from the marks there to lower. They scanned over her injured torso to where her last article of clothing was. Were there marks there too? He didn't want to check. His hands rested on his thighs firmly, and his nails sliced into his pants and skin. Little beads of blood began to form, but he didn't mind them one bit.

Not shifting his gaze, he wondered the worst. Did Callest ... He couldn't even think of it fully. His nails dug more into his skin. Anger and fear wrapped themselves around his veins, constricting them. It felt as though his blood would crack, and he would shatter from the inside out. The creature had to know, but (f/n) was asleep, and he didn't dare wake her when she required her rest. She would wake when she was ready.

He had to ask someone, though. Maybe, Deidre knew. All of them might know what Callest had done to her. The creature didn't know, but he needed information; however, he couldn't call out to any of them. His voice seemed lost in his own throat, and his mind seemed to forget how to process a sentence. Maybe, the bubbling rage growing in him was part of the reason for that. Images of decapitating Callest and ripping his limbs off filled his mind, and he didn't note the crimson soaking his left pant leg.

The wrath continued to collect into a heated pool, and it rose up his throat as he looked over her beaten body. His flower might've been broken more than he had thought, and it tore him apart that he hadn't arrived to the subway sooner. Nearly, her name rolled off of his tongue in agony, but it sank back into his throat at the last minute. Instead, the horror of it all ensnared his mind, and he couldn't help but scream.

It broke out of the bathroom and raced down the hallway, alerting the other occupants. Nick just had found Deidre helping Ren with Chris in the garage before they all had heard the scream. Chris moaned in her sleep and shifted. Ren focused in on Chris and cursed since he had wanted to make her more comfortable before she had regained consciousness. Hopefully, she would remain asleep. Deidre watched worriedly until she hurriedly looked over to Nick.

No words were spoken. Nick understood, and he raced back to the bathroom. Had (f/n), even after making it through the surgery, passed?! His feet pounded down the hallway, and he made a left turn. The bathroom door was in sight. When he reached it, he threw it open and asked in a tired, scared huff, "W-What ... h-happened?" Ether didn't respond immediately, so Nick drifted his eyes over to the tub. Since (f/n)'s top half was uncovered, he would've looked away instantly if he hadn't spotted the marks there.

Slightly, Nick took a step back. He understood why the creature had screamed. Callest never had told Ether all of the details of her torture, and he probably was assuming ... Nick felt a chill travel up his spine, but he froze when Ether finally stared back to him. The creature's very pale blue eyes widened somewhat. Had Ether not even heard him coming? Quickly, Ether grabbed a nearby towel and threw it over (f/n)'s chest.