The Far Parents

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Fingers wrapping around one another and brows furrowing, she parted her lips to speak, but she paused when Deidre came back into the room. Ether glanced over and saw the key lime pie yoghurt in her hands. She didn't move past the doorway, especially since Ether was in front of her in less than a second. "Thank you," he answered curtly.

Understanding the message, Deidre nodded to them both and left the room before Ether closed the door again. "You can tell me while you're eating," he mentioned as he seated himself on the side of the bed by her. As he placed yoghurt on the spoon, he looked to her and waited. Immediately, she didn't answer. It wasn't out of hunger and being so close to food, though. Rather, it was as if her mind was processing all of the negatives that might be occurring at that moment. While she was waiting for yoghurt, her parents could be suffering at the hands of that worse creature than Ether. Ether remained patient, and she wondered if he already knew what she was going to say. Most likely, he did.

"My parents," he held out the spoon to her with the yoghurt, and she tried to grab it, "... I worry about them." Her fingers wrapped around the object, but, like with the glass, they couldn't hold it up too well. His right fingers circled around hers, and he helped move the bite to her lips. A pout formed on her lips, but her arms and hands were moving at the very least.

Placing the yoghurt in her mouth, he replied, "I'd be surprised if you weren't." He giggled a bit and pulled the spoon away. "After all, me threatening your parents' lives brought us closer."

"It brought you closer, not me," she argued, a scowl forming on her lips, after she finished the bite.

A grin stretched on his lips in response. "Ah, there it is." She raised a brow. "You're getting the fight in you back, but," he giggled once more, "you already told me that you're closer to me in your own way. You can't leave me; you miss me." Her eyes averted from his and towards the yoghurt. He prepared another bite for her.

"I'm stuck with you, not closer," she clarified, accepting another bite.

That time, though, he didn't move the spoon back. Instead, he leaned in closer. "Are you sure?" She pulled her head back, and the spoon made a pop noise when it left her mouth. A glare remained on her countenance. Another giggle left him. "Fine, fine, I'll let your ignorance come back." Ether leaned back to where he was, and his expression soon turned more serious. "But, I know that you want to contact your parents. I figured that you would once you were able."

"So, I can call them now, then!?" she asked, a little bit of excitement entering her voice. It wasn't pleasant excitement, though. No, it came from fear, and she wanted to rush over to a phone and pick one up to check on them. What if he had reached them and was torturing them like he had her!

"After you finish your yoghurt." Her expression dropped. "You need your nutrients. You haven't eaten for two days, and you're still ..." His eyes looked over her briefly, and a mixture of sadness and fury entered his very pale blue optics. He stopped on her neck, and the bruises there remained dark. Just thinking about his hands around her neck ...

"You're going to crush the yoghurt," she plainly stated, but she understood what he was getting at. She saw where his eyes rested, and she could feel how sore the area around her throat was. Thankfully, she was able to talk decently. The remembrance of the pain of being choked entered her mind briefly, and she winced at it.