The Grisly Re-connection

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Pressing the red hang-up button, the call ended. She relaxed into the chair and snuggled into the cozy navy blue jacket Deidre had provided to Ether, who helped her change into it along with the other winter clothes. Black flannel leggings, dark blue denim jeans, a plush black hoodie, navy fuzzy socks and black snow boots covered her body too. "It sounds like everything is fine with them still," Ether remarked as he pushed himself off of the wall by her.

By a little bit, she nodded. "Yeah. I was worried, but they're still not safe entirely."

"They won't be until he's gone." (F/n) gave a solemn nod to his words, especially since her parents decided to hold off on leaving for the time being due to possible suspicion in the town forming. She pressed her palms against the base of the chair and adjusted how she was sitting. Barely, she could execute the action, but she managed. Still, she couldn't stand on her own, and her legs wobbled horribly when she did. Ether helped to stabilize her, and she had been embarrassed when he had been helping her change. He had aided with more embarrassing actions, but she hadn't been entirely conscious for those; however, she did appreciate the help even if she would've preferred Deidre's aid.

For the last two days, she had convinced Ether to have Deidre help her in the bathroom while he faced the other way. She would've asked for Chris too, but she had learned of Chris's condition as well as Ren's. Thankfully, Ren would only be on crutches for less than two weeks now. Regardless, Deidre and Nick were pulling a lot of the weight in keeping the household together while Ether guarded her constantly. Normally, she would've protested, but she comprehended the circumstances. If Cal ... he broke into the house, where Ether was amounted to being the safest place in the building.

Despite learning about what had happened to everyone else, she only had seen Deidre. The others, she only had heard them since Ether saw no reason for her to interact with them yet. And since she couldn't really move on her own, she couldn't argue too much, especially since Deidre had to help everyone else and couldn't help move her everywhere she needed to go. Then again, Ether only let her go into the bathroom across the hall and the bedroom they were staying in.

Today, though, she would get to see all of them. Even though what they were going to be doing was incredibly risky, it was exciting too since Ether couldn't prevent her from interacting with the others. "Are you warm enough?" Ether's words hit her ears and broke her from her thoughts. His very pale blue hues were glued onto her as he moved to stand in front of her. He leaned down and helped move the zipper up so that it reached the very top of the jacket.

"I was fine where it was," she answered with a light sigh. A frown met her response, and she lifted up her right hand. She managed to flick her index finger against his forehead. Slightly, he closed his eyes, but his frown did disappear. "But, I am warm." Her hand lowered back to her lap. "Warmer now."

A grin fell upon his lips. "Good. We're going in the dead of night, so it's going to be freezing out." Standing up fully, he moved to the right side of her to pick her up when he heard a knock on the door. His eyes glanced to the object briefly, and his frown returned. "Looks like they're ready."

"Are you ready?"She averted her eyes up to meet his, and she raised an eyebrow. "We're going to be cooped up in a car with them. And, I'll be seeing all of them." His expression turned neutral. "Including Nick." One of his eyebrows twitched, and he rested and an arm under her back and knees. Within a few seconds, she was lifted into his arms. If he had performed the same action a little over two months ago, she would've struggled, trembled and/or grown embarrassed. Now, she leaned against him, her weak body appreciating the extra warmth. "So, you aren't ready."