The Neat Employee

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Cocking his head to the left and then to the right, Ether giggled a little and rolled his shoulders before he rested his elbows on the tabletop. Briefly, his eyes glanced over to (f/n), who hoped that there was some chance that Ether might take up his offer. It certainly would make the trip less concerning. "I don't know," he answered in a sing-song manner. "What do you think (f/n)? Will it still be convincing that I don't know how to drive one?"

Instantly, she nodded. "Yes. It's not like he'll know that you learned the basics for driving one. Besides, you've never really driven a car in general. I doubt he has either." If she wasn't so worried about Vincent and getting to her mother and sibling, she might've sweat-dropped at the whole thing since it would be an accomplishment if they even made it to the factory in one piece.

"I suppose that you're right," he responded slowly, stressing every word, as his attention gradually fell back on Vincent. "But, I still want to know who you are to my pink flower. That might change my answer." (F/n) froze, and her hands intertwined on her lap out of nerves. Vincent didn't look any better, but he forced himself to speak after a few moments.

"I helped her." Ether sat up a little and motioned him to go on. (F/n) wished that she had the ability to knock out Ether currently and that she didn't need him to rescue her mother and sibling. "Back at the cabin." Pieces began to click in Ether's mind. "It had been my grandfather's. I came up to visit. I found her there." Each sentence was said slowly as though if he spoke them any quicker, Ether would launch forward and strike him dead then and there.

"She convinced me to help her navigate down the mountain. I drove off after she reached the bottom. I haven't been in contact with her since." Vincent hoped that last sentence would give him more of a chance of surviving the creature of Cankerfell, and he knew that he was lucky for (f/n) being right there to keep him calm. Well, he didn't know if the creature was calm or not, but he seemed to be weighing in (f/n)'s opinion to a degree, so he might have a chance of living.

"You know;" the creature began before he giggled and continued, "if it hadn't been for you, my little helper never would've run into that woman, who had tried to sacrifice (f/n) to me." Ether rested his chin on the palm of his right hand. Vincent, momentarily, shifted his gaze over to (f/n) to see whether that was true or not. She gave a slight nod to assure him that it had happened. Admittedly, he felt bad, but he didn't regret his decision about leaving her at the base of the mountain. "A foolish move on that woman's part, but she never would've been a problem if (f/n) hadn't left the cabin."

A bone-chilling grin spread on the creature's lips. "Sure, it might've not been your fault that some crazy woman held my pink flower hostage and tried to use her to gain my favor, but you were one of the pieces that led to that happening. That fact alone kind of pisses me off." He released a giggle, and Vincent really wished that throwing himself out of the window would give him a fighting chance. If anything, it might just make him look pathetic and only cause him to bear more injuries before his death.

"But, killing you would create problems, and I'm assuming that you won't tell anyone about this." Vincent resisted the urge to nod eagerly, and he managed to give a firm, steady nod instead. "Good. Then if I can let Nick off the hook for now when he was one of the pieces that led to my pink flower's encounter with someone even worse than that crazy woman, then I suppose that I can let you off the hook, but I do hope that you understand never to come in contact with us again after this evening."