The Foggy Visions

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Something wet dabbed across her legs. It stung whenever the water touched some, or rather most, of her skin. She would've winced if she could've, but she didn't have the energy for the simple action; she couldn't even will herself to open her eyes. They felt weighted down as though someone had set small paperweights on them. Even her limbs were too sore to move, and her head ached severely. A massive pain was in her lower abdomen, and she couldn't even piece together why it hurt so horribly there.

All she managed was to tilt her head to her left. Something cool touched her cheek, and it soothed her to a miniscule degree. Delicate things brushed across her forehead and pushed back her hair. She didn't know what they were, but they felt calming, and she leaned into them slightly. As soon as she did, they pulled away, and they didn't come back. A quiet, hopeful voice muttered, "(F/n)?" That was her name; she knew that it was, but she couldn't respond. Her lips only parted, and she leaned her head more against the cool surface. Before she heard the voice again, what sounded like a ... A door, maybe? Whatever it was, it opened, and she thought that she heard footsteps follow.

"I brought her some clothes. The ones in her backpack were dirtied." Footsteps sounded again until they stopped nearby. "They're being washed right now. In the meantime, these should fit. The undergarments might be a little off ..." The voice sounded familiar and feminine; she had heard it before. If she could furrow her brows, she would. Shouting and tears filled her pained mind, and she almost missed the person's next words. "I can help you dress her. That way, it's easier."

"I'll be fine," another voice, the one that had called out her name, answered. It sounded masculine, but it was louder now. The voice wasn't rude, but it clearly indicated that its owner didn't want more company in the room.

"I can hold her up." No new footsteps hit her ears. "If she accidentally falls while you're changing her, you might end up cutting her more." The other voice didn't respond, except for a light sigh. "She can't afford to lose anymore blood right now."

"I know." Slight irritation filled the more masculine voice, and some clarity entered her mind. End up cutting her. ... Ether. Something wet. Cool surface. Clothes. If she wasn't so weak, she would've burst up from what she assumed to be a bathtub and would've covered herself since she felt the cool surface all against the back side of her. She would've slapped him and slammed the shower curtain or door in his face, but she couldn't. Not even her heartbeat picked up. Rather, the news exhausted her mind, and she could feel herself drifting off again. "... Fine, you can help, Deidre."

Hearing that Deidre was there relaxed her somewhat, but the embarrassment of what was happening to her still invaded her mind. And despite her saying that she would give Ether a slap or two, she acknowledged that he probably was only washing her because she couldn't herself. It had been like back at the cabin in a way, but it was worse now since she couldn't move hardly at all. At least, though, Cal-Cal ... Her head hurt all the more, and she felt her consciousness finally fade as their voices vanished and darkness swept over her.

"By the way, that bag ..." (F/n) leaned her head against something soft and warm, and the voice, it sounded like Deidre again, came from behind whatever she was up against. Her legs and arms bounced a little, and she felt that she was moving. ... Was Ether holding her? No heat greeted her cheeks, but she did feel embarrassed; however, it wasn't like she could spring up and start walking. Admittedly, he was comfortable, and her body required that from all of the strain it had been through. "The food in there for you ..."