The Clear Conclusion

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

On the table, there were two cups of tea. The tea bags were steeping in the hot water, and steam rose from the top of the cups in an ideal soothing manner. Both cups were on one side of the table, and there was nothing placed on the other side since there didn't need to be. Or rather, the individual there respected the two people across from him enough not to eat or drink his meal in front of them. As for the two others, they didn't comment on his consideration. Instead, they focused on the pages displayed before them.

Her mother lifted up her cup and sipped at her tea carefully before she set it down once more. The woman's right fingers glided over the keyboard to click onto the next tab, but she didn't switch pages until her husband indicated that he was done. She nodded her head and changed them as they moved onto the final note of the three: the blog post.

A few minutes passed before both of the parents averted their attention from the screen and peered over to him. "What do you two think? It seems suspicious, doesn't it?" He tried to maintain a neutral tone, but there was an anxious quality to it also.

"Or, all three of these events lined up at the same time. Nick might not even be investigating this case, and this writer might just be mad." Her father crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back as the creature appeared slightly flabbergasted, but before the creature could speak another word, her father held up his right hand and shook his head. "But, I just wanted to point that out. It's a possibility, and I wanted to get it off of my chest. Personally, I don't believe that. As you noted," he sighed a little in irritation from the creature having discovered such details, "these three occurring all at once is curious."

"And, the two month time period of the victims lines up with when this other creature kidnapped our daughter," her mother mentioned, clicking back onto that article. "The lack of evidence, the oddness of their disappearances and the randomness between the three victims, besides them being from around the same area, all can be signs of one of your species. And seeing as this Callest seems to be intelligent, he probably targeted people that were quite different from one another so that little to no pattern would develop." She sipped some more tea before she added, "And, he might start targeting people from different areas to destroy the main connection between these three."

"Most likely, that's what I did before the tunnels. I had a pattern, but I made it seem random to everyone else ... Well until Nick figured it all out, which is why as much as I hate to admit he might be our best bet to locating Callest." The creature adjusted his sitting position to be more comfortable. "And, we might not have long to act."

"Are you suspecting that Nick and his team were called to investigate the subway?" her mother questioned, moving the laptop to the other side of the table since she was done with it. Her husband pushed it over too since he no longer required it either.

"I am. Nick is a paranormal investigator. He wouldn't look into missing person reports if he didn't find them odd himself, but since the blog writer mentioned a ghost, Nick might be walking into a situation he can't handle. The thought of another creature being there might not have even crossed his mind." The creature frowned a bit. "And even though I'd prefer him out of my life, (f/n)'s safety requires his help. If that subway entrance leads to a dead end, he might be able to help our search further."