~ Chapter 5 ~

Noah's question went unanswered,

I was beyond upset. Partly at myself, I know he's not one to follow rules. Yet, I hopped on his bike and followed him up. This was only my fault. Letting my emotions get ahead of rationale; I could hear my father's voice. 

"Do your dumbass race, then take me back to school." Is the only thing I said to Axel.

I follow behind Kadien as we walk up some stairs into an all room where the walls were fully glass. It was an overlook at the track. You could see all the obstacles from this room. I, unfortunately, could see Axel's beautiful self and bike from here. I would've sat down with the boys, but I was mad at them too.

I could feel the paranoia and anger seeping out of my pores. Why the fuck am I here? I met this boy when he was serving detention, then decided to hop on a bike with him. Him and his dumbass friends. I hope he falls off his bike...

They all were probably in on it; maybe had some strong vendetta against my father and wanted to take it out on him, through me. Little did they know, I was going to have to be the one to go through the consequences, not them. 

I could hear them whispering, no doubt about me. I didn't care though. Let them talk. They weren't speaking anything of importance to me. I had one thing on my mind: 

Get. Home. 

I didn't even want to check my phone, I was petrified. My heart was pounding outside of my chest. I only noticed how bad my father scared me when I did something wrong. Last night only re-illustrated why. If he could hit my mother, he could hit me. 

"Calm down, Victoria, Axel didn't mean you any harm." I don't know which one said it, as my back was to them, but I didn't care. I kept quiet. 

They needed to start the race soon so I could get my car and go home. 

"Can you at least sit down, Axel would kill me if you passed out."

Shut. Up.

"I'll walk back to school myself if you don't stop talking to me," I state wrapping my arms around myself. The boys stay quiet. 

The race starts, eight bikes that I counted sped through the track. Dirt was kicked everywhere, no doubt smoking out the people watching from below. 

"Oh, shut the hell up." A female voice entered the room. This causes me to turn my head away from the race. She was very pretty, with long raven black hair, striking green eyes. Confidence followed her, unlike everybody else I had met today. 

Confidence seemed to envy her

She pauses when she sees me, "You kidnapped another girl? This one's pretty." 

She smiles. I manage to smile back at her. 

"This one came willingly," Tyler snorted.

I grab a water bottle off of a close table and throw it at him. He's getting on my nerves. 

"Suck on it, maybe it can keep you quiet for a second," I mumble turning back around.

My eyes immediately are drawn to Axel's. I could see his eyes through the helmet. They were intense. This time I don't look away, wanting to challenge him. A bump was coming up, yet his eyes were still on mine. I was weary.

Even though I was upset at him, doing a jump with looking was basically suicide. Especially with him in first place. 

He did it. Flawlessly, in fact, twisting sideways in the air. I hide my surprise, staring at him for only a few more moments then looking at some of the other riders.