~ Chapter 42 ~

I felt the stares and whispers as I walked through the parking lot. I severely misinterpreted how many people at school kept up with my social media.

I feel like I'm on display. People were looking at me with zero disregards. It doesn't help that I had to sneak some of Athena's clothes which aren't the most modest. I manage to scowl at a few of them; I've never been a fighter, but there's a first for everything.

I pulled open my locker. I didn't have anything with me. My bookbag was still at my house as well as my car. I had a few textbooks in my locker and I'm sure I can get paper and pencil from Mia or something.

Axel let me drive his car today. He wouldn't be going to school, skipping it to practice for the fight later today. He made me promise earlier this morning that I wouldn't go. I, of course, lied and agreed to that. He's dumber than I think if he really believes I'm going to stay home.

That was just another reason I was dreading this entire day. Even though I'm sleeping in their house, I haven't talked to any of the boys or Athena. In order to get to the fight today, I would have to ask Athena where it is.

Don't get caught up

That's what I keep repeating to myself. All of this was really my fault. Meeting all of them gave me a glimpse of a life I couldn't have. A life with caring friends, a life with a heartstopping boy. I forgot the reality of my situation looking at theirs.

They showed me that they could cut me off at any second. People that can do that don't care about your presence.

However, I am conflicted once again. I loved the time I spent with them. Every moment with them had me smiling. I don't have a problem forgiving and forgetting. The problem I'm having is letting people in my life and in my heart that will just do the same thing again.

Looking at the bigger picture it's not that bad. Nevertheless, I don't want to call myself dramatic because when it was happening I was devastated. When life at home got really bad I couldn't even use them as a distraction. Their silence reminded me that I really am alone.

"Hey, Victoria,"

I turn towards the voice. It was a group of three girls. I may have seen them in the halls, but I'm certain that I've never had a conversation with them before. Her body language told me exactly what she came up to me for. I could probably guess the entire conversation they just had. The two in the back convinced the girl in front to ask me.

Why? I have no idea. It's not like they care if I actually was hurt. They just want to who did it.

I raise a brow at them.

"So about your insta-"

"I didn't know you followed me,"

The girl stalls slightly, surprised that I interrupted her, "Well yeah- but we were just wondering what that picture you posted was all about."

I looked at both her and her friends. I wonder how it feels to be completely oblivious to everything. Like to not care about anyone's feelings but you're own. I imagine it must be freeing.

I thought about my answer for a moment.

"What picture?"

"The one of your face,"

"They all have my face in them, love,"

"The one- uh- with the- um- bruises," She explains, fidgeting in her spot.

"Bruises? Hm."

That was the only thing I said as I smiled at her and walked away. I went through a ton of responses in my head before deciding on giving her none of them. I didn't want to defend my father, but I didn't want to give her the real answer. For now, the public will just have to deal with their own conclusions.