~ Chapter 19 ~

"Sorry to interrupt."

There Olivia stood, hand on the forearm of Axel Stone and lips only inches apart. I was so furious. I was pissed before I found Olivia, but this only escalated it. I, myself, knew I was jealous in some way. However, as long as I live I will deny it. It was the small affection I had been shown. It's more than I've ever felt in my entire life.

A boy does not have to show me twice he is not interested

"Olivia." I grit out. "Oh what in the entire fuck?"

The situation is so out of pocket, it's funny. She was just telling me how much of a bad person he was and now I catch her cuddled up with him behind the school - next to dumpsters. 

The bearing of the teeth was for me to contain my anger. Yet, it only came out more aggressive. My breathing was heightened as the adrenaline rushed through my veins. Memories of the peak of our friendship flow through my brain. After this conversation, we were no longer going to be friends.

"I was slightly busy." She laughs, looking back at Axel.

"What happened to him be a player? You were just telling me how much of  a bad person he was,"

"Yeah, this is me showing you."

Only he's not smiling or even looking at her. He's looking at me, face concealed under some blank expression. If I looked a little harder I probably could've figured it out, but he wasn't the one I had business with right now. It was her.

"Fuck him, I'm here for you."

I wave dismissively towards Axel. Walking towards them, discarding him to the side completely. 

"I will not stay silent so that you can stay comfortable," I seethe, "You have forgotten that I am not like our other friends. You can manipulate them, but you can not manipulate me."

As former best friends, I knew this fight was going to be lethal. The only problem was that she had shared more with me, than I, her. No one knew me truly. I've always been closed off. She was going to attack me with the things she thought I was. If I'm being honest, that would hurt worse.

She stood there cuddled with the boy she told me was no good. I wanted to punch her. I wanted to wreak havoc, but I again remembered my place. The promise to my father. All I could do was wish my words cut deep enough that it amounted more than any punch could. The goal was to hurt her. The goal was to make her think - reevaluate her life.

"What are you complaining about, this time?" Her eyes rolled, in a way brushing me off as she's had a way of doing.

"The group chat," Recognition glazes her eyes, "You really think those girls wouldn't tell me? Do you truly believe that they have more loyalty to you than me?"

"No, you don't think that. That's why you've been talking about me for months. Trying desperately to get them to side with you."

"I know that." I step closer to her. "The question is: Why?"

"There you fucking go!" She throws her hands up, "Thinking you know every damn thing. I'm sick of it, the girls are sick of it too. We'd planned to talk to you about everything. We've noticed you've changed."

"Damn right I've changed!" I scream back at her.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means I've grown. It means I've matured," I scoff, "Maybe you should try it sometime."

"You've always thought you were better than us-"

"No, Olivia," I cut her off, "You've always thought I was better than you."