~ Chapter 28 ~

Last night was the first time I'd snuck into my own home. 

When I come home late, normally I would just go through the front door and try to be quiet. I have snuck out before, but never in.

I'm not dense.

I remember very well how I left my home before the party. Running into my father while coming back was not something I wanted to experience. My father wasn't one to let time settle his fury. 

If he was home this morning, I would have to sneak out of the house to go to the mall. However, both he and his mistress happen to be out of the house.

As soon as I woke up this morning I texted Athena. I asked if she and the girls wanted to join us at the mall. Of course, not without asking Mia if she was okay with it. She'd been even more excited to meet them than I was.

I settled into a parking spot at the mall, trying to slow my breathing. The very thought of my father got my heart rate up. I didn't want to hang out with the girls with a bad vibe. They didn't deserve that.

I hop out of my car with a fake plastered smile. When I get in the mall, maybe the smile won't be so fake anymore.

I was correct, as soon as I spot Athena a real smile appears on my face.

"Aren't you hungover?" I tease walking up to the table they occupied. Mia still wasn't there.

"High tolerance, baby," She winks, hugging me.

"Is that the case for all of you?"

"Redheads can take their liquor, it's a fact,"

"People named Blaze are automatically superior."

I can't argue with that.

We fall into a comfortable conversation, waiting for Mia. Apparently, after I disappeared last night the party ended up being broken up by the police. I can only imagine what kind of things I would have to go through if I came home in a cop car. I don't think I'd be living right now.

My phone buzzes in my pocket:

"Hello?"

"Okay, I'm here!"

I could hear the excitement in Mia's voice as she squeals breathlessly into the phone.

"Come on in, we're waiting for you."

Seconds later the bright-eyed brunette walks through the doors. Eyes searching the crowded area wildly. I wave my hand trying to get her attention, immediately her eyes land on me.

"Is that her? She's so pretty!" Athena greets her before I do with an open hug. I smile at the two.

"Mia, this is Athena,"

"That-" I gesture at Blaze. "Raven-haired cutie is Blaze,"

Blaze winks at me in return, "Any friend of Victoria, is a friend of mine,"

"And you've already met Scarlette,"

Scarlette blows a kiss.

"Well, now that introductions are made. Let's start shopping!"

"You don't have to tell me twice-"

<3

Five whole hours later, we'd finally finished. It was very eventful though. I absolutely love to online shop from my cozy bed, but something about buying clothes from the mall just hits different.