~ Chapter 51 ~

"You've been having a whole lot of fun in my car, huh?"

A smile spreads to my face as I turn to the voice. Axel leans on the kitchen counter, looking as hot as ever. It was dark, only the light above the sink was on. The house was also silent; meaning everyone else was asleep.

For a moment, the desire to tell Axel about my tattoo is strong. Even so, I suppress it. The tattoo will be my secret.

"I'm a busy woman, Darling," I peck him on the cheek. He frowns in return, grabbing me by the neck and pushing me towards his lips instead.

"Athena says you've been pulling more shifts at the gym," He speaks as he pulls away. "Is that true?"

It was true. I've been looking for another job to not only help out here but to generate money for an apartment.

I nod, "Just until I can find another job,"

"I thought I told you not to worry about our bills,"

"Too bad," I hop up on the counter. "Also I can't live here forever, I need money for an apartment,"

He lifts his brow. "Who said you can't live here forever?"

"Me being here is just putting a strain on an already struggling situation,"

"Ouch,"

I know when it comes to this money issue there's no use in asking him. He's far too prideful, as he should be. He's worked hard for a long time to be in a good place. However, I care about all of them too much to sit back and watch the hard work be taken away.

"Listen," I bring my hands to his face. "I'm tired of feeling like a burden, I'm going to help you with expenses and I'm going to get a place."

"That's the bottom line," I conclude.

"My god, you're sexy when you argue with me," He lifts me into his arms in one motion. A chuckle falls from my lips as he swings me around the kitchen.

"We're in this together, baby, you can't get rid of my now," I reassure him.

We might not live in the same place, but I'll always be here. Axel has shown me enough kindness for a lifetime, that is something I'll always remember. He and all of the boys, in fact.

His grey eyes peer into mine. He gazes at me in a way that makes my breath quicken. Axel in his entirety makes me weak to my knees and if he really begged me to stay there would be absolutely no way I could deny him.

"I love you, Victoria Beckette,"

I smile at him, "I love you more, Axel Stone,"

"Promise me that you'll remember," He carries me with one arm and holds out his pinky. I laugh at his childish behavior.

It's because I have him, that I can forgive the world. Life isn't unfair because it gifted me Axel Stone. Love is a concept that the mind can't grasp; not fully. Love has many aspects, many in's and out's. Love affects even the subconscious.

"Promise I'll remember what?" I chuckle.

"That I love you,"

I connect our pinkies, "Always."