Famous Ghosts

On 8th December 1980 John Lennon and his second wife Yoko Ono was returning home when he was shot by Mark Chapman five times in the back outside The Dakota building. He died on route to Roosevelt hospital.

Many people have reported seeing his apparition across the world but most of the sightings have been at the Dakota building. His wife Yoko Ono has seen his apparition at the apartment sitting by his white piano. Joey Harrow a musician saw John Lennon's apparition by the entrance of the Dakota building were he was shot. Other people who reported seeing his apparition includes Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher and Paul Mc Cartney who's was a band mate , has reported seeing him numerous of times.

The Hollywood ghost.

The Hollywood sign is one of the most famous landmarks which was originally built in 1932. It is reported to be haunted by a young Broadway actress called Peg Entwistle. She committed suicide after her career stalled.
On 8th September 1932 a hiker found her body below the then known as Hollywood land sign. When they retrieved her belongs they found a suicide note saying " I am afraid, I am a coward, I am sorry for everything. If I had done this a long time ago, it would have saved a lot of pain signed P.E" .
Police thought that Peg climbed a workmans ladder to the top of the 45 foot letter H and jumped to her death.
Visitors have reported seeing her ghost and smelling her gardenia perfume.
Picture from BBC