Spooky Places.

Dubbed Australia's Bermuda Triangle, a body of water located between Victoria and Tasmania off the southern coast of Australia has had more than it's fair share of disappearances, alien abductions and mysterious sea creatures.

From 1920,planes started to have troubles crossing over Bass Strait Triangle such as a military single engine bomber crashed while searching for a ship that was lost in the area.
In 1934, a plane went missing during a trip from Launceston to Melbourne. All nine passengers and two pilots disappeared.
During World War Two, they carried out military bombing practice over Bass Strait Triangle, more planes disappeared when flying over the triangle.

However, one of the most controversial plane disappearance happened in September 1972.
Whilst flying from Canberra in a 1930s Tiger Moth, the plane disappeared with both the pilot and the passenger.
What makes this controversial is that the passenger was Brenda Hean, an environmentalist who was taking the flight to protest against the flooding of Lake Pedder by the Hydro Electric Commission of Tasmania, received death threats days before with an anonymous caller telling her "I hope you can swim". Is the triangle to blame or could there be more to her disappearance?

On 21st October, 1978 whilst going on a training flight in a Cessna, Frederick Valentich contacted air traffic control to report to them that he was being followed by an unidentified craft approximately 900 feet above the Cessna. Valentich and his plane disappeared a short time later. In his last communication he stated, "It's not an aircraft". It was the same evening that Valentich and his plane disappeared, that a man called Roy Manifold took a highly unusual photo of Bass Strait. In the photo, a strange object could be seen in the sky. It was later proven that the photo hadn't been manipulated in any way. Jason, Roy's son who was with him at the time, he claimed that he heard a plane overhead at the time that his dad took the photo. However, claimed the sound of the plane sudden stopped as though something turned it off. Both father and son believe that the photo and the sound of the plane were related to the disappearance of Frederick Valentich.

Since all the disappearances, scientists have investigated Bass Strait Triangle and claim it's as safe as any other stretch of water. However, will so many disappearances over the decades in one certain area, there seems to be more to it, just like Bermuda Triangle.

Poveglia Island, Italy

Imagine being poorly, so poorly you know you're dying. You're sat on a boat with a fever, muscles cramps, your skin is rotting away and you have festering pus filled blisters. Sat in front of you is the Plague Doctor, with a terrifying beak like mask on, escorting you to an Island of death where you will be left alone to die. Such a place existed and its remains are still there as a stark reminder.

Abandoned in the 14th century, the island was used as a quarantine colony for the victims of the Bubonic Plague. The inflicted people were left to die a cruel and sad death, and then their infected bodies were burnt. It happened again in 1630 when the Black Death swept through the area.

It is alleged it was also used an insane asylum during the 1800s, with stories of ill treatment and barbaric experiments, being carried out on patients without consent.

In 1930 a doctor is believed to have committed suicide, by jumping from the bell tower. Some believe he survived the fall, but was strangled by a mist that came up from the ground.

Poveglia became a geriatric hospital which closed in 1975.

It now lies abandoned, and the locals fear it, refusing to set foot on the ground of Poveglia Island. They believe they will be cursed if they even go near it. Fisherman refuse to fish in the surrounding water, as they fear they will drag up decomposed human remains.

The gruesome spectres of the plague victims have been seen, along with the spirits of past patients. Disembodied deathly screams and eerie voices have been heard and documented.

An oppressive, sinister feeling has been felt which makes visitors flee in sheer terror. Banging noises, orbs, EVPs and footsteps have all happened on this Island of death.

So bad is the activity, the Italian tourism board prohibits visiting the island and a lengthy application process is required before approval is granted. Some either incredibly stupid or brave boat owners will charge up to 200 euros for a (private trip) but you didn't read that here.

The old decaying skeleton of the buildings remains, the human ash that lies with the soil and with the spooky activity, its no wonder the locals wont go near it and it has its fair share of ghosts.

The Deserted Village

Achill Island, Ireland

Situated on Achill Island is around 80 abandoned cottages, some dating back 800 years, that have remained empty since the early 20th century.

Some people are brave enough to camp out but many have been warned to stay away, after a group of girls had their dog thrown on them by a shadowy figure.