Eight

Nancy

We silently waited for Brain to enter his office. No matter how many times I tried to look for a different reason for us losing money it always went back to Brain. How could he had done this? Was he low on money? Was he in dept? What was his reason for bring down my family company? All he had to do was ask for the money. We would have given it to him. Now we were here at this point because of what? Why? Was the main question I wanted to know. I sighed and Allic pulled me into his arms.

"Its going to be okay." He said and I forces back tears. I called him uncle because that's what I seen him as. My uncle and he steals from his family. I still couldn't believe this. It hurt so much.

As soon as he entered his office and seen all of us he froze. Everyone was here. Including dad. He had to see for himself. Hear from his own friends mouth that these accusations were true. Even though we all knew it to be true we all needed to hear him say it. No one knew but I was wearing a recorder so that I could have his confession on file. We all watched his expressions. He immediately grew scared but of course he tried to play it off. Closing the door he said.

"The whole crew is here huh?" We all remain silent our eyes watching him like a hawk. "So what can I do for my people?" He said trying to make a joke. He was trying but none of us was falling for it. Not anymore.

My mom presented him with the evadence placing it in front of him. He immediately knew what it was and didnt bother to pick it up but still tries to play dumb.

"What's this?" He asked.

"You can't read now Brain?" My mother said. She was furious. I think she was hurt more than I was. But instead of tears she used anger. "Read it." After a little hesitation he picked up the paper and glanced at it.

"Okay what is it?"

"Dont play dumb..." my father stopped my mother from continuing. He slowly stood not taking his eyes off Brain.

"Since you dont understand what this papers saids let me enlighten you. This is proof that you...my brother...my family is stealing from my company. Something I built from the ground up. I didnt want to believe this but the proof is here. It's all here. Let's not play dumb and dont you dare fuckin insult my intelligence. Just tell me why? Why someone I grew up with. Someone I called my brother since childhood is stealing from me. From my family. Why and you better fess up now." He slouched defeated.

"David..." He flopped down in his chair. "I hit rock bottom." His eyes begin to tear up. "I'm sorry man."

"Sorry? You're sorry? That's all you've got to say? You stole from me man. All you had to do was ask and it was yours you knew that. Why?"

"I fell into dept. I didnt know how to come to you. All my bill's were hitting left and right. I swore I would put it back."

"I thought I told you not to lie to me. You have enough money on your account to buy ten damn houses. What dept? Where? You've been stealing from me for years. You were my brother. I would have given you anything you've asked me for. I trusted you with everything. My company. My money. My family. My fucking family Brain. My kids! When you take from them thats stab in my heart." He stood up straight taking a quick deep breath as he rubbed his goatee. He was hurt. I felt the pain radiating from him.

"Okay. Alright." He held up his hands in surrender. "I truly fell into dept. I needed the money it's just that when I took it the first time and no one noticed I just continued."