Chapter 30

Brandy

"So you talk to your mother yet?" I asked her as we sat in the livingroom watching a movie. I had to admit that it was nice coming home and her already being here once I walked threw the door. I lay my head on her lap and she begin playing in my hair. It felt good.

"Not yet." I give a nod. I didnt want to pressure her because I knew the feeling but i also knew how it felt not to have a mother. You never know when your time would come. It was best to cherish those moments. When my mother passed from cancer it about killed me but also taught me to be more cautious when it came to taking care of myself. In fact it was almost time for a mammogram. I begin getting them once she passed and yes I had some years before I actually had to take one but I still took it to be safe. And being that my mother passed from cancer I was at a higher risk then the average women.

"Have you ever gotton a mammogram before?"

"No. Isn't the required age around fourty or something?"

"Yeah." There was a pause then.

"You get one before?"

"Yes. My mother died of cancer so I began getting them after that since im at higher risk of getting it."

"You think that I should get one?"

"If you want. No pressure." She smiled.

"Next time you get one then I'll get one." She said and I beemed. Im glad she was going to do it. She answered her phone once it rung.

"Hello Evelyn." I smiled. Although I haven't spent nearly as much time with Evelyn than I did with Racheal I liked her. She was a very private person. "Im not going to moms house Eve."

"Dad wants to speak to you aslo Nancy." I heard her say through the phone. Nancy sighed.

"Tell dad to come over. Moms not invited." Nancy said and although I was happy that her balls were growing maybe it was time to speak to her.

"Nancy you know mom is going to come. I dont feel like hearing her yell if I said that."

"You know what I was thinking. Remember you wanted to open that club?"

"What about it?"

"Maybe we should do that."

"You think so?" Evalyn said and I smiled. My baby was distracting her but she quickly caught on. "Nancy... you almost got me." She sighed. "Come on girl. Put me out my misery. Talk to that woman."

"Okay. Alright fine. I'll be there tomorrow."

"Great. Thank you girl. You have no idea how she was driving me crazy."

"Oh I think I do." Nancy said in a defeated voice. "I'll talk to you later sis." She sighed loudly once she hung up. "Why won't that woman leave me alone?"

"Its probably best to speak to her babe. Get it out the way."

"I guess." She said not believing that herself. "I just hope it goes smoothly."

"It will. Don't worry."

"Will you come with me?" I sat up looking over at her.