Chapter 28

We had went to a beautiful restaurant for our date. We were out in the open with everyone else. I couldn't believe my baby was actually doing it. Damn she wasnt lying when she said she told her mother that she was gay. I was so proud of her.

"Why are you smiling so hard?" She asked as we ate.

"Im just happy for you."

"Why?"

"Because you're becoming your true self."

"It does feel good."

"Told you that it would. Once you got pass your mother everything else wouldn't matter."

"Yeah I guess you were right. Fear have a crazy way of controlling you huh?"

"Yes it does." After we were done eating we went for a short walk. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I looked behind us but saw no one.

"What's wrong?" Not wanting to freak her out I said.

"Nothing." It was dark out and we were two vanerable women at this moment it was best to at least go back to the car and without worrying her I suggested we do just that.

"You sure you're okay?" Nancy asked as we buckled up. I forced a smile.

"Yeah I'm good." We drove home in silence. Nancy kept stealing glances at me clearly growing worried. I forced another smile. I was the one drving and she was digging in her purse for the keys. As I was driving up I could of sworen I seen a figure by the trees. Damn here I go. Now I was losing my mind and seeing things. I tried to focus my eyes and look into the now pitch dark. Nothing. Damn Brandy you losing it.

"Brandy?" Snapping to I seen Nancy had her door open looking over at me.

"Somethings wrong. What is it?"

"Nothing." I said as I forced another smile. "I had a great time babe." I said as we walk to the front door but my eyes continued to wonder around. Fuck it. I wasn't feeling right about this and I always took my hunches serious. I quickly turn as I hear nosie as if someone was stepping on sticks and they were snapping. My ass watch too many scary movies to just stand here. I grab Nancys hand just as a car pulls up. I sigh once I recognize the car. It was Allic. Thank God.

"What's up Allic." I say as I give him a hug.

"Hey Brandy. Good to see you back. My sister was depressed without you." He said and Nancy sucked her teeth.

"I was not depressed dammit."

"Yeah okay. I never seen you in the state you were in. Im glad to see that smile on your face." He went to her kissing her on the cheek. "Look at you two. All dressed up. Im not disturbing you two am i?"

"No." I quickly said. Not forgetting the sounds I heard. "Just came from dinner. Want anything to drink?"

"I can use some water. Ive been working all day." We finally made it in the house where I felt safer and made our way to the kitchen where I poured Allic something to drink.

"Thank you." He said to me and I nod my head. "You've been M.I.A for a few days sis." He said after taking a sip of water. "I had to get my girlfriend back then I stayed with Recheal for a bit. Whats up?"

"Nothing just wanted to see my sister is all."

"Awe isnt that sweet with your noisy ass." I said calling him out on his shit asap. He came here to be noisy and his mother probably sent him over also. He laughed.

"What do you mean?"

"You came over here to be noisy. Admit it."

"Alright. Okay. Maybe just a little."