Chapter 15

Nancy

I got home in time to find Brandy coming down the stairs in a robe. She smiled at me and made her way towards me kissing me gently on the lips.

"You're home early." She said leaning over and kissing me again before turning away. I found her doing that a lot now. Just giving me sweet peeks on the lips instead of a deep French kiss that she use to do. I guess it was my fault being that I was afraid of showing any kind of affection towards her in public. But we where home I reach out to her pulling her back towards me. She laughs being catch off guard with that.

"Trying to make me brake my ankle or something."

"Sorry." I say before kissing her again. She willingly returned the kiss but again it was a sweet peek. She wasnt expecting me to deepen the kiss. I could tell by the way she hesitated.

"What was that for?" She asked confused and I frowned. Damn some girlfriend was I. I barely kissed her that much outside of the bedroom. Now she was surprised when I did it.

"Just because..." I say forcing a smile.

"Well you can kiss me any time you want beautiful." She said then turned away again making her way to the kitchen. I followed. "Are you hungry?" I nodded my head as if she could hear me. When she didnt hear a response she turned her head looking over her shoulder to see if I was there. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I just wanted to thank you again."

"You dont have to thank me. I did it because I love you." She said knowing that I was thanking her for buying the lot. Because of her our business was getting back on track.

"You saved all that money from working for Racheal?"

"That and I sold my car." I paused at that. Damn I forgot all about her car. Again.

"Why did you sell it?"

"I didnt want to go get it." She said with a hunch of her shoulders. "It was an old car anyway. I'll save up for a new one."

"You didnt have to buy that lot."

"I know I didnt. You didnt ask. I just wanted to do it, so I did. That's the end of that."

"How are you getting back and fourth to work?"

"I have my ways."

"But how?" She sighed.

"It doesn't matter. What do you want to eat?"

"I didnt mean to make you upset." She turned to face me and just stared. She was upset. "I'm sorry."

"About what?" I paused and thought about that question then realized I had nothing to be sorry for. Did I?

"Nothing I guess." She shook her head then turned back to grabbing food to cook. I slid my fingers threw my hair and turned and walked away. I didnt know what to say or do at that moment so I went to take a shower. Maybe that would help clear my brain also.

Once I showered I found myself going back to the kitchen. It was already smelling good.

"Chilly huh?" She smiled over her shoulder at me.

"Yup. I've been craving chilly for the last few days. I took a seat and watched as she moved around. I knew shes been in this kitchen more than I've ever been. Cooked in here also. She was making it a true home. It hasn't been that in years. "I hope you dont mind Yolanda and Rachael coming for dinner." She said cutting into my thoughts.

"No I dont mind at all."

"Okay." She said smiling.

"They come here a lot huh?"