Chapter 17

Nancy

I lay in bed that night unable to sleep and sleep usually came to me so easily. My girlfriend was in another room and all I wanted was her next to me. Although Racheal knew about me and I her I still felt that wasnt enough. If it was, Brandy wouldn't feel the need to still sleep in one of the guess bedrooms instead of in my room where she belonged. She didnt seem to mind...at least that's what she made it seem. Sighing I pull back the covers and make my way down the stairs to her room. I open the door to find it empty. Where was she? It was one in the morning. I then see the livingroom light on and make my way there. She was sitting on the couch focusing on the laptop in front of her. She suddenly looked up spotting me. A smile appeared on her face making me smile also.

"Can't sleep?" She asked me as I made my way towards her.

"No." She closed her laptop giving me her full attention. "What you doing?"

"Work."

"For Racheal?"

"Relitor work. I'm grateful that Racheal doesnt need me to run around. It allows me to do more Realitor work."

"I know you got your license months ago but I had no idea you were working." I was now standing in front of her.

"I've only been working for no more than a month now." She must of seen the sadness in my face because she grabbed my waist pulling me down on top of her. "What's wrong?"

"I'm a bad girlfriend."

"We've been threw this before Nancy. Your not a bad girlfriend."

"I am. Just admit it." I say as I hug her neck. I couldn't look her in her eyes right now. I bury my face in the crook of her neck. She smelled so good.

"Things are just..." she paused. "Heckted right now. That doesn't make you a bad girlfriend babe. Life is just happening. You can't control it."

"It seem as if you're controlling it."

"I'm not."

"How did you get that car?" She pulled back so that she could see my face.

"Its Yolandas car. She let me borrow it. I have to give it back to her tomorrow." I just nod. Speaking of Yolanda I wanted to ask about her but didnt want to come off as a bitch or jealous. "What's on your mind? I can see you thinking."

"Rachael said that you and Yolanda were close."

"Shes a really good friend yes."

"She made me think that it was more than just friends." She did like an annoyed laugh.

"Why would she do that? She knows that I would never..."

"It was before she knew about us." I defended.

"But why would she even think that anyway? She and Yolanda are a thing..."

"Really?" I asked suprised.

"Yes. Even if me and you weren't together I would never be with Yolanda because she and Racheal has something going on and Racheal is also a really good friend to me to." She kissed my jaw. "Didn't I tell you to never question my love for you?" I smiled.