Chapter 4

Draco was pacing in front of the fireplace in the Slytherin common room.

"Can you believe that?" Draco asked.

Blaise rolled his eyes. "Isn't that what you've always wanted?"

Draco glared at him. "No. That's exactly what I don't want."

"We both know that's bullshit."

"Why do I even talk to you?"

"Because I'm one of the few that puts up with your shit."

That made Draco almost smile. "Ditto, mate."

Blaise laughed. "Well, who knows, maybe Potter will be one of those people too."

"Fat chance. He's a prick and if you knew about who I really was, he wouldn't have ever asked."

"Ah," Blaise smirked. "The truth finally comes out. You're afraid."

He scoffed. "As if. I don't give a damn about what Potter thinks of me."

"Right, sure."

"You're the worst."

Blaise grinned. "Ditto, mate."

****

Harry, Ron, and Hermione headed down to Hogsmeade that Saturday. He was exhausted. Nightmares had plagued him that night, of Sirius and Bellatrix. It had been a few weeks since he had a nightmare but he must have just been on edge that night. He could still hear Bellatrix's shrill laugh as she taunted him. I killed Sirius Black!

"Harry?" Hermione nudged him and Harry blinked.

"What? Sorry."

"Do you want to grab a butterbeer?" She asked.

Harry nodded and the three of them walked into the Three Broomsticks. They grabbed a table and Madam Rosmerta took their order. As she walked away, Harry noticed something in the corner of his eye. He turned his head and saw Draco slip into one of the backrooms. Harry was wondering what he was up to and then remembered he didn't have to care anymore. Whether or not Draco was up to something was no longer his problem. Though, it was going to take some getting used to.

"Did you see that?" Ron asked and nudged him.

Harry blinked. "What?"

"Malfoy just snuck into the backroom! We should tell Madam Rosmerta."

"Maybe he has permission to be there."