Chapter 50

Draco never thought that he would be visiting Looney Luna's house. Not that he would ever tell Harry that. It was obvious that Luna was a friend of his. Draco didn't know her but what he did know of her, he didn't particularly like. She was the polar opposite of him. She was a dreamer, optimist, head-in-the-clouds type of person. Draco didn't know if he would be able to have a proper conversation with her. He hoped he wouldn't have to.

They knocked on the door of a small house and an older man with long blond hair opened the door.

"Mr. Lovegood," Harry said. "I'm Harry and these are my friends. We met at the wedding. We need your help."

Mr. Lovegood looked over them all his eyes lingering on Draco. "Helping Harry Potter...is a dangerous thing."

Harry seemed surprised. "Oh, uh, it won't take long. It's just about the symbol you had on your necklace at the wedding."

He hesitated before he nodded. "Okay. Come in."

They stepped into the house, awkwardly standing in front of the door. Mr. Lovegood ran over to the kitchen.

"I'll make some tea. You make yourselves comfortable," he said, disappearing around a corner.

Draco took a look around the room. There wasn't anywhere to make themselves comfortable. From what Draco could see, the place was a mess. There were books and papers everywhere and it looked as if he hadn't cleaned the place in months.

"I don't like this," Draco muttered. "He seems...off."

"The Lovegoods are...interesting," Hermione replied. "At least Luna is. It would make sense why you think he's a little off."

Draco looked at Harry. "Was he acting this shifty at the wedding?"

Harry shrugged. "I didn't get to talk to him long."

Mr. Lovegood came back and set a tray with a kettle and cups on a table covered with junk. They sat down around it, finding room among the clutter. Draco decided to just lean against the wall.

"So...how can I help you?" Mr. Lovegood asked, his hand shaking as he poured them all a glass of tea.

"We were hoping that you could tell us more about the symbol you were wearing."

"Yes, yes. The Deathly Hallows."

"What are they?" Hermione asked.

"Have you ever heard the Tale of Three Brothers?" Mr. Lovegood asked.

"Yes," Hermione shuffled through her bag before pulling out a book. "The story is in the book Dumbledore gave me. But what does the story have to do with anything?"

"What's the story?" Harry asked.

"I'll read it," Hermione said, turning to the page before starting to read.