Chapter 58

Draco, Ron, and Hermione rushed into the Room of Requirement, looking around for Harry. They found him standing in front of a table, pulling something out of a wooden box.

"Did you find it?" Draco asked.

Harry turned and held up the tiara. "Yeah, now we just—"

Harry was hit with a spell and the tiara went flying into one of the large piles of junk. Draco turned to see Crabbe, Goyle, and Theodore standing with their wands out. Draco and the trio pulled their wands out as well.

"I knew it would be easy to catch you but I didn't think it would be this easy," Theodore smirked. "Though, you never were much of a fighter, were you, Malfoy?"

"I don't have to be to beat you," Draco sneered. "Besides, if last time's any indicator, I can easily beat you in a fight."

Theodore threw a spell at Draco that he easily deflected and Crabbe and Goyle started throwing spells too. Hermione and Ron jumped in to defend him while Harry went digging for the tiara. Draco hit Theodore with a spell to the chest and he flew back. Crabbe and Goyle started retreating back but Crabbe threw one last curse—the killing curse—at Hermione but she dodged. Ron's face turned red and he ran after them.

"That's my girlfriend, you bastard!"

Draco looked at Hermione who was smiling slightly before turning to Harry. He had grabbed the tiara and was climbing down.

"We should get out of here," Harry replied.

They heard a yell and turned to see Ron running back. "He's going to set the whole bloody place on fire!"

Ron grabbed Hermione and kept running just as a wave of flames came barreling around the corner. Draco grabbed Harry's hand and they ran after Ron and Hermione. Every turn they made however they were met with flames. Flames that resembled various creatures attacked at them at every corner and Draco wasn't sure if they were going to make it out. Harry stumbled as he looked at the flames nearly nipping at their ankles and Draco turned and said a spell. A shield of water appeared in front of them as the flames came crashing onto it.

"There's some brooms! We can use them to get out of here," Ron said.

They each grabbed one and flew into the air. They headed toward the exit when Draco saw Crabbe, Goyle, and Theodore climbing one of the piles. Goyle slipped and fell, immediately being engulfed by flames. Draco hadn't liked any of them, but to see him die so suddenly...he couldn't just leave them.

"Harry!" Draco called and he understood.

They turned around and headed toward the pair who were barely hanging on.

"What the bloody hell are you doing?" Ron yelled at them.

"We can't just leave them!" Draco called back.