Chapter 41

All Draco could see was Voldemort surrounded by swirling darkness. Draco's arm was pulsing with pain as he tried to find a way out.

"Bring Harry Potter to me," he hissed, his voice ringing and consuming his ears. "And all will be forgiven."

Draco covered his ears, but his voice continued to weave through his mind, strangling it. "Bring him to me."

Draco shook his head. "No."

His voice was now booming. "BRING HIM TO ME! Or your family will pay the price."

Draco sat up, gripping his forearm. His sleeve had been torn and blood was oozing out of his arm. He flinched, extracting his nails from the mark and covering it with his palm to slow the bleeding.

Harry turned and blinked, sleepily up at Draco. "Draco?" He noticed his arm and sat up. "What happened?"

"It was just a nightmare," Draco said.

Harry grabbed his wand. "Let me see."

Draco moved his hand away and Harry said a spell. The wound closed up and Harry looked down at the mark.

"It was Voldemort, wasn't it?" Harry asked, softly.

Draco put his arm against his stomach, hiding the mark from view. "It doesn't matter."

"What did he say?"

Draco didn't say anything.

"Come on, Draco. Tell me."

"It doesn't matter because I'm not going to do it."

"So then he asked for me," Harry replied. "Did he threaten you?"

Draco laid back down. "Can you just drop it?"

Harry leaned over him. "He threatened your family, didn't you? Just like you were worried about."

"So what if he did? They never protected me from him, why should I return the favor?"

"Then you're okay?" Harry asked. "Really?"

"Yes."

"You would tell me otherwise, right?"

Draco sighed. "Yes, of course."

Harry smiled. "Good."

Harry wrapped his arms around Draco and rested his head in the crook of his arm. It wasn't long until he fell asleep. Draco, on the other hand, couldn't. His ears were still ringing from the screams and he couldn't help but think of his parents. They hadn't helped him and they were the reason that he grew up to be a hateful bully. He shouldn't care, but they were still his parents. He had looked up to his father. And his mother had been a loving mother before Voldemort came back. They were just scared like he had been. Harry wasn't scared. He had faced Voldemort multiple times and he was still here and alive. He couldn't blame his parents for being scared but could he really choose them over Harry? He had but that was before his parents' lives were on the line. He didn't want to let his parents die but he couldn't let Harry die.