Chapter 44

Draco was relieved when he woke up after a nightmare-free sleep. Though, the relief faded when he realized that Harry wasn't in bed. He got up and wandered downstairs. Harry was sitting on the kitchen counter, holding a mug in his lap. Harry looked up and smiled when he saw him.

"'Morning," Harry said.

"'Morning," Draco walked up and stood next to him. "It's pretty early. Could you not sleep?"

"I just had a dream about Ollivander. Voldemort was upset that my wand overpowered his. He was asking about a stronger wand."

"And your dreams are like visions, right?" Draco asked. "They actually happened."

"Usually, yes."

"Why is he looking for another wand?"

"Our wands are twins," Harry explained. "Which means we can't fatally harm each other with our wands."

Draco nodded. "Makes sense."

Harry jumped off the counter. "Do you want some tea?"

Draco nodded and Harry poured him a cup.

"What about you?" Harry asked, handing him the cup. "How did you sleep?"

"Great, actually," he said. "I think that's why Dumbledore left this bracelet for me in his will. It helps to keep the nightmares and Voldemort out of my head."

"That's great," Harry smiled.

They drank their tea in silence for a few minutes before Draco asked, "so, where do we go from here?"

"I'm not sure. Dumbledore apparently used to live here so I thought that we could find some clues around here."

Ron and Hermione came downstairs and entered the kitchen.

"We know who R.A.B is," Hermione said. "It's Sirius's brother, Regulus."

"That's brilliant," Harry said. "But we still don't know if he destroyed the real Horcrux."

"Well—" Hermione started but hushed when they heard a shuffle that came from the pantry. 

They all pulled out their wands. Harry crept up to the door and threw it open. A house-elf was crouched in the corner. Harry grabbed its arm and pulled it out of the pantry.

"Have you been spying on us, Kreacher?"

"Kreacher has been watching," the house-elf spoke, slowly.

"Do you know anything about this locket?" Hermione asked, pulling the locket out of pocket.