Chapter 51

As soon as they landed outside the Manor, Draco's felt the urge to bolt, but it was too late. His heart was in his throat and looking up at the dark and gloomy manor, he was reminded of all that he had been through. He could hear the screams of those being tortured, see Voldemort's blood-red eyes as he scarred him. The mark on his forearm started to tingle as he got closer to the gate. The Snatcher that had ahold of him, shoved him toward the gate.

"Look who we found," the Snatcher grinned.

Draco swallowed hard as his eyes met his aunt's. She immediately opened the gate and pulled Draco out of the Snatcher's grip.

"Your parents have been worried sick," Bellatrix purred. "And looks like you brought some friends."

"They're nobody," Draco spoke, trying to keep his voice level. "I only stuck with them to draw less attention to myself. I met them at some pub a few months ago."

Bellatrix looked over the trio, her eyes lingering on Harry's muffed up face. "What happened to this one?"

"Hit by a stinging jinx, I reckon," the Snatcher holding Harry replied.

"Bring them all in," Bellatrix decided. "The spell will wear off soon enough and we'll see if my dear nephew is lying."

They all walked into the Manor and into the foyer where Draco's parents were standing. Their eyes widened when they saw him and to Draco's surprise, his mother ran up and hugged him.

"Thank Merlin, you're all right," she whispered in his ear.

Bellatrix pulled Draco out of his mother's grip. "Don't forget that he's a deserter. The Dark Lord—"

"Doesn't have to know," Mum said. "Not if we tell him that he brought us Harry Potter."

Draco's heart dropped and he had to hide his shaking hands in his pockets. "Like I told Bellatrix, they aren't who you think they are."

His father stepped up to Draco. "We would be heroes, Draco. The Dark Lord would trust us again," he put his hand on Draco's shoulder. "We won't have to be afraid anymore."

"It's not them," Draco said, firmly.

"I know a way we can find out," Bellatrix replied, a cruel smile creeping onto her lips. "I heard a rumor that Draco was dating Harry Potter. If it's not Harry then Draco won't mind if we extract some information out of him."

Draco couldn't breathe and didn't dare look at anyone. That's when he noticed that one of the Snatchers was holding the sword of Gryffindor. The sword that he had heard a rumor that it had been in Bellatrix's vault for safe-keeping.

"Wouldn't you rather have your sword back?" Draco asked, looking up at his aunt.

She froze. "What?"

"I'm sure you've been missing it," Draco gestured to one of the Snatchers.