Chapter 56

Harry, Hermione, and Ron followed Neville through a dark, narrow passageway to the end where there was a portrait hole.

Neville opened the door and stepped out first. "Hey, listen up, you lot. I've got a surprise for you all."

"Not more of Aberforth's cooking, I hope," Seamus retorted, dryly. "It would be a surprise if we could digest it."

Neville stepped aside and the trio walked out. Harry saw Ginny first because she jumped to her feet. She ran over to them and brought them into a tight hug as everyone else cheered.

"It's so good to see you all," Ginny smiled, pulling back.

Harry and the others hugged their missed friends before Neville spoke again.

"Not to break up the lovefest but, what are you doing here? What's the plan?"

Everyone quieted down and focused their eyes on Harry.

"We need to find something. Something hidden here in the castle and it may help us defeat you-know-who."

"Right," Neville replied. "What is it?"

"We don't know."

"Where is it?" Ginny asked.

"We don't know that either," Harry said, sheepishly. "I realize that's not much to go on."

"That's nothing to go on," Seamus retorted.

"I think it has to do with Ravenclaw," Harry said. "It will be small, easily concealed. Anyone have any ideas?"

"Well, there's Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem," Luna spoke. "It's quite famous."

"Here we go again," Ron muttered and Harry elbowed him.

"Yes, but it's lost, Luna," Cho said. "No one alive has seen it."

"Can someone tell me what the bloody hell a diadem is?" Ron asked, impatiently.

"It's a crown," Cho replied. "A sort of tiara."

The door to the Room of Requirement opened and a young kid in Gryffindor robes ran in. "They've called for everyone to come to the Great Hall," he said. "Headmaster has an announcement."

Ginny turned to Harry and speaking low she said, "there's something you should know. Draco's here. He's been at Hogwarts the last month. He'll be at the announcement with everyone else."

"He's here? Is he all right? What happened?" Harry demanded, his heart racing at the thought of seeing Draco again.