Chapter 60

Draco didn't want to leave Harry alone. It was obvious that he was hurting. He had lost so many people in the last few months, in his entire lifetime, and he hadn't been given time to grieve. Draco wanted to be there to help Harry through it all but if he wanted to be alone, Draco had to respect that. No matter how much it hurt.

Draco found Blaise in the Great Hall, his arm in a sling. Draco was relieved to see that he was all right and went over to sit by him.

Blaise grinned at him. "Glad to see you in one piece, mate."

"More or less," Draco smiled. "Though, I look better than you do."

"You know me. Always fighting the good fight which you can't do without getting a few scratches."

"And your family? Have you seen them?"

Blaise's face fell slightly. "Not yet. I don't know what I would do if I did. What comes after this?"

"Whatever it is, I'll be there for you." Draco put his hand on his shoulder.

"They'll disown me," Blaise replied. "If they knew."

"Well, if we win, they'll most likely get put in Azkaban along with my parents."

He gave him a look. "Knowing our parents and their influence, that's highly unlikely."

Draco shrugged. "Who knows, but you won't be alone."

"Thanks, mate," Blaise smiled. "Where's Harry, by the way?"

"He's in the headmaster's office. He wanted to be alone."

"Everything all right between you two?"

Draco nodded. "Yeah. He just had a huge load dumped on him because apparently, Snape had a past with his mother and he was a double agent."

Blaise looked taken aback. "No joke?"

Draco shook his head. "Yeah, I know. I would have never believed it if Harry hadn't told me. He played his part well."

"If Snape told him that then does that mean he's going to fighting with us?"

"He's actually...dead."

"Merlin's beard. Who killed him?"

"Voldemort. He thought that the Elder Wand wasn't working for him because Snape was the one that killed Dumbledore."

"Is that true?"

Draco shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe. As he was dying, he gave Harry some tears that acted as memories so he would know the truth."