s i x t e e n

the girl stops infront of the familiar house. she eyes all the different kinds of flowers planted in the front yard and smiles warmly. her grandmother always has a special love for flowers.

kiyeon knocks on the front door and waits patientloy before the door had swung open to reveal an old lady wearing a pink flowery apron. she knows that apron too well.

"grandma!!" kiyeon smiled widely and engulfed her in a hug. "my dear, i'm so glad you're here! come in, i made you're favorite cookies!"

with the mention of cookies, kiyeon's face lit up and ran straight to the kitchen.

🍪

kiyeon spent around an hour just chatting with her grandma as it has been a long time since they have met each other. ever since her parents died, her grandparents were always there to take care of her very well. when ever she'd feel down, her cookies were the one to boost her mood up again.

sadly, she had to go home as it was already an hour before sundown and she still had to buy food for the boys.

"dear, take the remaining cookies with you. i can't finish them all!" the elder smiled and pushed the tray of cookies to her. kiyeon's eyes sparkled immediately at the sound of that. she can take them home and let the boys try it. they'll surely love the cookies.

she placed them all in a small container and in a plastic bag for easy handle.

kiyeon bid goodbye to her grandmother and finally went home. she had bought a box of chicken along the way for them to eat as she knows they've been requesting to eat chicken again once they have tried it.

"i hope they like it..."

late update!! this is just a filler chapter hehe the real stuff goes down in the next chapter ;)

😶