e i g h t e e n

kiyeon had been cleaning her room for quite awhile now. she had been sweeping her floors, doing her bed and rearranging her shelves and stuff on her desk.

she removes books from her old bookshelf as she wants to transfer them to a new area. the girl grabs a book one by one and dusts them off before placing it on her desk.

as she was about to grab the remaing books left on the top shelf, she realized there was a mysterious box she isn't familiar with just sitting on there collecting dust. curious as to why she hasn't seen it before, she carefully grabs the box down and set it on her lap as she sits criss cross at the edge of her bed.

in her hands was a small metal box, just about the size of her hands with a bright shade of yellow all throughout and a small sunflower in the middle. the box was rusty and the paint had already come off from the sides and some in the middle, signs coming from the box as it was in old age already.

she spots a tiny yellow lock matching the same yellow shade from the box itself, keeping it away from her seeing what's inside the mysterious old box.

kiyeon sighed and tried to pull on the lock, but didn't expect for it to actually break. "oh well, that was easy." she mumbles to herself as she holds the now broken lock in her hand. the lock was rusty and old as well so it made sense as to why it broke off that easily.

setting the broken lock aside, she opens the metal box gently, afraid she might even break the box as she heard the old metal squeaking when she lifted the top.

polaroids.

kiyeon saw polaroids in the box. piles of them, even.

she furrowed her brows at tuhe sight and picked up a random polaroid sitting at the top. it was a picture of her as a child, sitting down beside a christmas tree and what it seems to be opening a present.

kiyeon was shocked at how she never knew about these at all. the polaroids didn't even show a single sign of it being very old. it was like the quality was new.

but the memories weren't though.

after her parents both died, she suffered from memory loss. all her grandparents told her was that they both died at the same time and yet she was the only one who lived through it.

a plane crash.

she couldn't remember anything that had happened before the incident.

which means she doesn't remember anything from her childhood.

seeing these old polaroids of her from as a child made her speechless as she stares at herself through the polaroid. she couldn't remember anything from any of these pictures and it pained her.

kiyeon scans more polaroids from inside the box, be it pictures of sceneries, herself, or people she didn't even know.

at the bottom of the box she stumbled upon another polaroid. except, it had writings on it.

"best gift ever!" was written on the bottom of the white polaroid. it was barely readable as it looked like it was writtten by a child.

which it was.

the picture stood out to her the most.

it was her child self, sitting infront of the christmas tree with a huge smile plastered on her face. not only that, she held something in her hands.

dolls.

7 dolls to be exact.

kiyeon's chest started to raise heavily as she stares at the dolls in the picture. she knew them so well. those familiar clothes she saw before, the same pink haired boy and the rainbow haired male who loved cookies.

the same ones who were just downstairs from her bedroom.

then, her head started to hurt badly.

she groaned in pain as she shuts her eyes from the strong impact that suddenly hit her head. kiyeon dropped the box she was holding making all the polaroids fall out, but that wasn't important right now.

her head was in scorching pain.

then, she could her voices. soft voices that wasn't even audible. but it started to get clearer as time passes by. it sounded like a child.

"i'll name him mark! he looks like a mark hehehe"

"his name is lele!"

"oh oh and i'll name him injun! i wanna name him after my cat!"

"that one's smile is very cute. he looks like a jeno to me."

"oooohh i'll name him jisung pwark-"

"no honey, its prounced as 'park'"

"pwark!!"

"dear, just let her be."

"i'll name you....hyuckie! i love rainbows too!!"

"and lastly, i'll name you nana because i love pink!!""

"i love you nana..."

"you're my favorite doll."

"NO! don't take nana away from me! i love him!"

"honey, you can't bring him to school with you.."

"i don't care! i love nana!"

"i love nana......"

plot twist :o

thoughts? ;)