t w e n t y t h r e e

a week has passed since they're last outing and they have been closer with each other than ever.

but strangely, jaemin has gotten weaker and weaker. at first he always felt like his energy was drained even if he stayed in bed all day and slept. no one knows why he has been getting weak and it worried them all.

"thank you," kiyeon said and carefully grabbed the bowl of chicken soup from renjun. the boy had cooked soup for jaemin to eat to at least help him get a little stronger.

the girl took the soup to jaemin who was currently using her bed. as the boys slept on the floor with sleeping bags and some on a small bed, it'll be more comfortable for jaemin to stay with her for the mean time. she softly knocked on the door before letting herself in.

she saw jaemin lying down on the bed as usual, just facing the ceiling above him. "i brought you soup." kiyeon said and set the bowl on a table beside the bed. jaemin moved a little to give her space to sit on the bed.

"how are you feeling?" she asked and softly held jaemin's hands.

he felt the gesture and couldn't help but smile.

"i feel the worst. i feel like i can't move sometimes anymore and i just have no more energy."

kiyeon frowned at his statement. she really wanted jaemin to get better. the girl leaned in and planted a small kiss on his forehead to reassure him.

heat rushed up to the boy's cheeks as he felt her lips. jaemin gave a smile and with all his energy, he pecked her hand softly.

''you'll get through it, i promise."

"jaemin. listen to me carefully okay? promise me you'll NEVER catch this emotion. it'll be bad for you"

"i won't! but, what will it do to me?''

the old lady sighed and took the boys hands into hers. ''just trust me on this okay?''

hmmm...what's happening to jaemin?? 🤨🤔