[14] I'll be ready

It had been at least a week I'd gone without speaking to Billie, I guess he thought I still thought he was lying to me but really I felt guilty. I just wanted him to forget about me in a way.

I avoided the rooftop the whole week, scared he would be there. And when I saw him in the hallways we just both really avoided eye contact. Maybe he was angry at me too.

He never came into English, I guess that was a good thing since he did sit next to me.

Alice knew about the whole thing, she was annoyed I was avoiding him. But I think she only cared because that meant that Billie, Mike and Tre wasn't sitting with us lately.

I was in English. I kept my head down on the desk, I wasn't tired. All though I had hardly had any sleep, I just didn't want to make eye contact with anyone around me. Plus my eyes were sore from hardly resting. But yet I was wide awake.

I felt like a zombie, a sleep deprived coffee powered zombie.

I heard the door open, but I didn't flinch or bother to look up.

"Billie Joe, you're late to class. Care to explain?" I heard our English teacher go. His name made my heart knot up, I cringed to myself still with my head in my arms. I did not want to look up, I didn't wanna face him.

"I was with the school nurse," he spoke quietly, surprisingly quietly for Billie. I heard him pull up the seat next to me like he always did. But he didn't try and talk to me, I didn't try and put my head up. I must have kept it in my arms the majority of the lesson, I got no work done and I couldn't even breathe properly.

Once the lesson was over I heard everyone scramble to pack away. I gave myself a minute hoping to look up when Billie was gone. So I did. I waited. Then I looked up.

He's already gone. I grabbed my things and went to meet Alice In the cafeteria.

"You okay?" She asked pouting to me. I shook my head as I sat down next to her. Throwing my bag under the table. She put an arm around me and rubbed my shoulder for some sort of comfort.

"You can't keep avoiding him Marsha," she told me, I already knew that. But giving in was the last thing I planned on doing.

"He's fine without me."

"Are you joking?" She asked looking up at me taking her arm off my shoulder. "I've been texting Mike, and Mike's been none stop talking about how worried for Billie he is. He won't answer the door, he won't do band practice, he won't even talk to them. He just keeps himself away." She started to get annoyed, but I could see she was trying to hold it back. But she wasn't doing it very well.

"What am I suppose to do!?" I snapped.

"Talk to him Marsha you're being stupid!"

"I'm not!"

She stood up and grabbed her bag. "I'm going to my violin lessons." She said bluntly leaving me sitting on my own.

That's fine, I can leave too.

I grabbed my bag and left the cafeteria, heading out of school. But the only way to do that was to get on the roof and climb the other wall down out of school and into the parking lot.

I began to slowly walk to the back of the school and climb the roof, I peaked up at the top. Really hoping not to see him.

"Thank fuck," I let out pulling myself on the ground of the roof. I began to walk across and climb down the other side into the parking lot as I walked completely out of school. I needed to go somewhere quiet for some peace of mind, then I remembered.