[44] Didnt i buy you this?

Maybe it's time I get a job, I don't exactly need it. But I guess it's something to do.

Billie gets a shit ton of money from working in the studio, which means I don't really have to. But everyone has a job to do and I'm just... here, slashing down cans of beer.

Caseys back at her home, for her job. Billie, Mike and Tre are still at the studio. And well... I don't have anyone apart from that really.

Maybe I just need more friends, instead of getting a job.

Don't get me wrong I have friends, they just aren't what I would consider my best friends. I wouldn't hang out with them or call them up or invite them over or anything.

Knock knock

I sighed loudly. Looking over at the door from where I was sat in the living room.

Maybe if I ignore them, they'll go away. Can't stand and knock forever right?

Knock knock

Alright, maybe you can.

I grunted annoyed to myself and pushed myself off the sofa and to my feet. Made my way to the front door still wrapped in a dressing gown and my hair up in a messy bun. I hope it wasn't anything important.

I opened the door and looked up.

"Oh... hi Marsha," Alice awkwardly smiled.

"Oh... hi Alice," I replied in near enough the same tone of voice, "What are you doing here- mike's not here if that's what you're here for he's-"

"-at the studio, I know he told me earlier. I just wanted to know if I could pick something up I left here a while ago, I've been looking for it for ages and I was thinking it might be in mike's room,"

"Erm... yeah, yeah sure?" I shrugged moving out the doorway but still holding the door open as an invitation for her to come in. As she stepped in she awkwardly looked around.

Things between me and Alice have never felt more awkward.

We stood silently after I had shut the front door. I guess none of us really knew what to do or what to say to one another.

And after what felt like a lifetime of the atmosphere being too silent for me, I spoke up. "So shall I take you up to mike's room?"

"Yeah, if that's alright?"

"Yeah, yeah- erm- come on then I guess," I began to walk up the stairs hearing the sound of her feet follow behind me. We reached the top of the stairs as I opened mike's room for her, not going in myself. I don't think I wanted to.

She walked into mike's room and I saw her look around from where I was standing.

"Here it is," she whispered to herself picking something up. Something silver that glinted in the light of the sun through mike's window. She stood back up straight as she attempted to put on what must have been a necklace.

But I'm guessing she was failing.

"You want some help?" I asked after a moment.

"Erm... sure, yeah. Thanks," she smiled slightly as she walked over to me. I smiled back holding out my hand as she dropped the necklace into the palm of it and turned around.

I looked down at the necklace. I recognised it almost instantly, how could I forget?

I bought her this, for the first birthday I was able to celebrate with her. I hadn't realised she had kept and worn it though, I thought it was just shoved away somewhere.

"Didn't I buy you this?" I laughed quietly as I brought the necklace around her neck, she picked up and moved her hair so it didn't get caught up into the chain.

"Yeah," she softly said. "You bought me it years ago,"

"I know, how do you still have it? How've you not lost it?"

The hoop of the necklace clicked into the little claw as I let go off it since it was on. "Well I wear it all the time," she shrugged putting her hair back as she turned around.

"You do?"

"Y'know I do,"

"Yeah... but I just... I just thought after the argument you would've stopped wearing it," I confessed.

"Why would I do that? I love this necklace," she giggled slightly.

I laughed back. Before the laughter died down and we were both left standing awkwardly again in mike's doorway.

"So... are you and mike a thing now?" I curiously asked her rubbing the back of my neck.

"I guess we are, but we're taking it a little more serious this time,"

"I can tell when you came out of his room," I laughed.

"Yeah, well I mean it's going better than last time. But now he's working in the studio and all that it's getting harder. I can't imagine how you feel,"

"What do you mean?"

"Well with Billie working all the time so much now, do you miss him?"

"Course I do, all the time,"

"Mike told me Billie got angry at him when he found out mike and I had... well slept together."

"Yeah," I nodded remembering the whole argument we had over breakfast. "He was,"

"I didn't realise that would... well you know... cause an argument,"

"That's alright," I shrugged off placing my hands in my dressing gown pockets.

"I also... I... I owe you something else," she admitted looking down at her shoes.

"You do?"

"Yeah," her nostrils flared as she took in a deep breath through her nose. And looked up at me meeting eyes. "I'm sorry. For- for everything I guess. I'm sorry about how angry I got at you about when you wouldn't unfriend mike. I know it wasn't but it felt like it was side picking at the time and now I understand it wasn't. I guess as soon as you started hanging around with Billie joe I was scared I was gonna lose you. You know? It's always just been us. Alice and Marsha. Together, us. So I was jealous, and I shouldn't have been. I've been a real bad friend and I hope you can forgive me,"

I couldn't believe it, she had actually... apologised.

I was happy she had, don't get me wrong at all. I just never knew she had it in her to say sorry to anyone at all, never mind me.

"You- you mean that?"

"Of course I do,"

I said nothing more but pulled her into a hug, and she hugged me back tightly. I had missed her. But I guess thinking of how different of a friend she was to Mike, Tre and Billie made me not care so much.

"So... do you... forgive me?" She asked me nervously pulling me back. I could tell she was nervous by her fidgeting hands.

"I- a- I mean- yes!" I laughed pulling her back into the hug. She laughed too. And after a moment of us just embracing the moment, We went back downstairs and caught up.

And I told her everything that had happened since, and she actually listened.

Alice wasn't always as ignorant as she use to be. She use to be like she was now, a great listener. But one day she just felt like different company. With her private violin lessons, and her important business dad, and her ignorance.

But now, I mean- she's different from the way she was different. She's Alice.