[23] if

I woke up in the bed in mine and Billies hotel alone. Where had he gone?

I got out of bed confused as I looked in the bathroom, he wasn't there, did he quickly go to the shop or something? Or was he with Mike and Tre? I went over to the phone to give them and ring and ask them if they had any idea where Billie had gone when a spotted a note.

'Gone to band practice with Mike and Tre, didn't want to wake you up. I'll be back around three x

BJ'

"Oh," I said to myself as I walked back and sat on the bed. It was only ten, so that gave me a whole five hours to find something to do in a place I didn't even know where I was on my own.

I then remembered last night, when I and Billie confessed how we felt, did that mean... we were a thing- or does it have to become official by one of us asking the other? I had never really been a relationship or feelings for that matter sort of a person until Billie strolled into town.

But everything he said, replaying the moment in my mind gave me the strongest Butterflies in my stomach I had ever experienced.

He loved me, and I loved him. That's crazy.

But he's not here, and I have no one and nothing to do. There wasn't exactly any good WiFi either in this hotel.

I made the bed, made some food by the time it was twelve then decided to give Alice a ring.

"Hi Alice,"

"Hey! How's it going, Mike told me you went with him, Tre and Billie."

I did actually consider this time telling her what happened between me and Billie, but I don't think she would really be that interested. "It's okay, I saw Casey the other day though."

"You did!? How is she?"

"She's great, she's great," I repeated sitting down on the bed. "But she misses you, she misses home y'know?"

"Yeah," I heard her say in an understanding way. I would think she would be mad at me for not telling her and just going for a week, but she seemed in a real good mood. "I miss her too."

"So what's going on with you? You're in a good mood." I teased. I heard her giggle down the line, since when did she giggle?

"Well!" She started. "Mike asked me out last night so we're officially a thing! And he promised me when we get back to take me out somewhere."

So you did have to ask,

"Aww congrats Alice! But I have a question..."

"Go for it."

"So you know when you confess you like someone and they confess back, do you have to make it official becoming, y'know 'a thing'?" It felt so immature to refer to two people being together as 'a thing' but I guess I had been surrounding myself with immature people my whole life, and I wasn't very mature myself either.

"Yeah I would think so, they ask you if you want to be their girlfriend, why?"

"Oh no reason."

We chatted for a bit longer than I said goodbye as Billie would be coming back over to the hotel soon. And I was kind of nervous seeing him.

Maybe it was the suspense of having to wait hours after we had poured our hearts out to each other last night. Or maybe it was just my nerves and my consensus worrying that things will be awkward.

"Honey I'm home!" Billie shouted coming through the hotel door, I couldn't help but laugh.

"You left me for hours for nothing to do!" I playfully shouted as he came and sat down on the sofa next to me. I was watching some police chase, but my mind had been zoning out so I'm not completely sure what actually was going on right about now.