[25] the big night

I was stood in the currently empty building where the boys would be performing later on. sat on the end of the high stage as the three of them helped Tre with his drums.

"This place is big," I spoke to myself as it echoed through the building. Taking in the emptiness of the room knowing later on in the night in the crowd I would be getting pushed and shoved by random sweaty and most probably drunk people.

"Sure is, it's so weird being here," Mike said from behind Me.

"Yeah." Tre agreed. "Big change from being in Billies basement."

I turned around to look over at Billie. Who hadn't really spoke much since we first got here, I could see his nerves were eating away at him slowly. And I could also see that Mike and Tre saw that too.

"You guys are going to do so well I know it." I smiled. Just trying to make Billie feel better, but he was clearly zoned out. I brought my legs from over the edge of the stage to on the stage as I stood up and walked over to him. I placed my hand lightly on his shoulder as he jerked a bit. I must have scared him or something.  Because he was definitely on edge.

I knew he was nervous. And so was I. I was terrified that this really was going to be the day revealed that Billie would be moving. All I had was hope that someone back from our home was here and took an interest in their band.

"You're going to do amazing Beej, and I'll be right over-" I turned my head and pointed in the middle of the empty floor. "-There, listening to you and dancing." I smiled. His eyes studied mine as he smiled back.

"And you'll come to find me backstage right? After I'm done performing on stage- y'know- you'll come to find me backstage right?"

I laughed slightly. "Of course I will."

Later on, through the night, I was surrounded by a lot of different kinds of people dancing to some band I wasn't quite listening to. But I danced along with everyone anyway. All I was thinking about was the fact that green day was next. And they had been waiting for this moment, this break, for... well for as long as they've started their band.

Then suddenly the music stopped. And someone came out to talk as the band that had previously been playing began to walk off of the stage. "Okay, so next up... Everyone welcome green day!"

I watched as the three boys came on stage. Billie being the short dude he was moved the microphone down a little to adjust to his height as he put on his guitar along with mike and Tre who got comfortable behind the drum set. Everyone already cheering welcoming them.

"Hi everyone," Billie said holding onto the microphone and speaking into it in a nervous voice, I saw his eyes frantically searching the audience like he was looking for someone. Then they landed on me, as they softened up a bit. "We're green day, I'm Billie Joe. This is Mike on bass." He said turning to Mike and pointing. "And Tre on drums." He said pointing to now tre. He then turned back to the audience. "And we're gonna be playing some songs tonight that will be coming up on our new album in a month or so time." He spoke. Already used to the surroundings, feeling calmer. His eyes would look around a bit taking in everyone, but then always find their way back to me. "So, here we go I guess." He shrugged laughing a little as he smiled to the audience, but with his eyes on me. He then looked down at his guitar getting ready. "This ones called Longview."

Everyone cheered loud, real loud. And as Billies voice boomed through the room as everyone began to bash into each other, holding their drinks high and dancing. I felt the people who surrounded me dance close, I could practically feel their sweat flying everywhere. Even on to me. How gross.

But I kept my focus on Billie as I sang loud with him, already knowing the song since I had been there every or most times they had band practice since I met them. He was enjoying it, the light in his eyes. His bleach blonde hair flying everywhere as he bopped his head with the beat and beads of sweat forming on his face.

Everyone cheered loud, enjoying their songs as they began to sing another one. And then another. And another. And before I even knew it that was them done.

"Thank you guys," Billie shouted down the microphone waving as he went off stage. Everyone cheered louder.

And then someone else came on stage to introduce the next band coming on, but I didn't really care. I slipped through the people around me and dug out my backstage pass as I shoved through everyone who was dancing and drinking.

I reached the door to backstage as I showed the bodyguard near the backstage door my pass. He nodded and opened the door as I put it back in my pockets and began to look around for the three boys.

Then I saw them, the three of them talking to some man. He talked to the three of them as they nodded and laughed. I watched for a while until they all shook hands and he passed them a card and walked away.

I ran over to Billie and threw my arms around him, he was sweaty but I couldn't have cared less. He wrapped his arms around me tight and dug his face into my shoulder happyily.

"You was amazing," I said to him, muffled by his clothing as my face was buried into his chest.

He pulled away. "You think!?" He asked, excited, happy and exhausted all at the same time.

"Yes! You were awesome!" I shouted. "But Who was that guy you all were talking to?"

He bit his lip, and then looked at me as he laid his hands on my shoulders. Like he was really happy. The light in his eyes, the smile on his face. "Well..." he started. "He said to us he liked what we played, and he sees big potential in us and-" Tre pushed Billie and cut him off more hyper than any of them.

"He wants to sign us up!" Tre shouted. I felt excited for them, but at the same time... I knew that this was the fact that they would actually be having to move around here.

"Really!?" I shouted excited. "I told you guys! Well done!" I shouted.

"But that means we're gonna have to move around here, right?" Mike asked, joining into the conversation.

I swallowed in an attempt to get rid of the lump on my throat, but it failed.

"Well," Billie said again. Still with the same smile. "I asked him about that, he asked me where we were all from and I told him and asked if this would mean we would have to move. Because we didn't exactly want to move or anything yet. And he said he's gonna try and access a studio around home and see what he can do."

"Really!?"

Billie nodded as I hugged him again. He hugged me back just as tight as I took at the moment, his touch and his scent.

"But remember," he said pulling away. Talking to not just me, but all three of us. "He said he's gonna see what he can do, it might not exactly be a certain thing."

But that was good enough for me.

"I'm so proud of you, you did so well." I smiled. As I softly kissed him on his cheek, I watched him blush furiously as he began to stutter.

"W-well, I mean I-" he took a deep breath, "-I couldn't have done it without you, thank you for coming."