[41] dropouts

I sat in the house, alone.

The past couple of weeks I had hardly seen Mike, Tre and Billie. They'd been at the studio so much and only came back late at night. Billie told me not to stay up for them because they'd come back super late.

School starts up again tomorrow, break ends. And the last few weeks are school are coming before I'm completely done with it.

Billie, Mike and Tre were only coming tomorrow to drop out. They said they needed the time for their music, which I understand.

The day was long and boring.

I stayed inside watching tv all day. And I needed the sleep for school tomorrow, so as I began to get tired I made my way over into bed.

~

"Get up," I heard a voice say and two hands on my shoulders lightly shaking me.

I groaned annoyed opening my eyes to see Billie hovering over me. As I opened my eyes he smiled. "Morning sleepyhead,"

"Fuck off," I grunted shoving him away from me as I sat up. "I can't believe you're dropping out of school and leaving me."

"It's for the band, I'm sorry," he pouted.

"You're leaving me," I pouted back. "Who am I gonna sit on the rooftop with now?"

"You'll find someone,"

"If I find someone else to sit on a roof with I'm pretty sure you'd never forgive me,"

He smiled all goofily. "Y'know me too well,"

"Last day of fucking school!" Tre shouted as he burst into the room. Mike following behind him just as hyper.

"We'll never have to go to that hell hole again... ever!" He shouted.

"Rub it in some more guys," I mumbled crossing my arms.

"She's angry cause we're leaving her," Billie whispered to them. Although he was sat beside me.

"Awww Marsha," Tre said sympathetically. "You don't need us,"

"Schools no fun without you idiots, I'm gonna miss you guys. I hardly see you all anymore and I live with you guys. You're always at the studio,"

"You only have a few weeks left Marsha," Mike said.

"Yeah before y'know it it'll be over," Tre added on both trying to make me feel better.

I just sighed loudly before standing up off the bed. "Alright we'll get out, I'm gonna get ready."

They all left the room, apart from Billie who stayed sat on the bed. Mike closing the door behind him.

"I meant you too you nimrod,"

"Why would I need to leave?" He asked smirking slightly.

I breathed out already giving up before pulling my shirt over my head revealing my black bra as I searched through the draws for a shirt.

"Nice bra,"

"Shut up," I said pulling out a black T-shirt. I pulled it on over my head and looked down at it.

"That's my shirt,"

"Well you're leaving me so I'm taking your shirt, it smells like you."

He laughed slightly as he stood up from sitting on the bed and walked over to me. Gently setting his hands on my waist and walking closer to me.

Our foreheads touched as he smiled boyishly at me. "When this album is done, I swear I'll give you every single ounce of attention you could ever want. I'll give you my attention until you're sick of it,"

"You promise?"

"I swear," he briefly kissed me, before pulling away and leaving the room for me to get changed.

Once everyone was ready we jumped into Mike's truck and made our way into school.

It felt like it had been ages since I was here, and yet I've not missed it a bit.

~

After school had finished I found Mikes truck in the parking lot as his window was rolled down and Billie and Tre in the back.

I smiled lightly to mike as I jogged over to the truck and climbed in the front seat. "Did you guys do it?"

"Yeah, we did!" Tre shouted. "We dropped out!"

Mike started up the truck as we began to drive home. "We officially never have to go back again," Billie cheered.

"Lucky bastards."

"At least we dropped out before prom rolled around," Mike shrugged.

Prom. I forgot that thing even existed.

"Prom," I whispered in realisation. "Who am I gonna go to prom with?" I asked them looking back at Billie.

"Prom isn't until last week of school you'll have time to figure it out," Tre spoke.

"Billie who am I gonna go to prom with...?"

He stayed silent. Biting his lip nervously. I could tell he didn't even know what to say. "I don't know..."