[26] well then youve lost me

The days since the big gig had flown by. And tonight was our last night in this town. And our last full day. Tomorrow we would be out of the hotel by one o'clock and probably back home around four?

I was woken up by my phone going off on the bedside table.

I quickly reached for it and answered without even looking at who was calling, I just hoped it didn't wake Billie up. Who was laid sound asleep beside me.

"Hello?" I said, my voice groggily from just having woken up.

"Marsha, it's me. I have to tell you something!" Alice said. I sat up a bit and I'm guessing my movements woke Billie up. He sat up with me too and leaned his head on my shoulder as he listened.

"Go for it?"

"Okay so. Last night Mike already broke it off. Like already! He said something about not being able to carry a relationship and a band or something." She told me. I looked down at Billie with wide eyes as he looked at me with the same pair.

"Wow already?" I laughed sort of, Billie had to cover his mouth as he sniggered next to me.

"I'm serious Marsha this isn't funny, are you still friends with Mike?"

"Course I am, why?"

"...Are you still going to be friends with him?"

"I'm confused, why wouldn't I be?"

"Because I'm supposed to be your pal? Y'know all that and whatever and he broke up with me?"

I tried not to laugh as I sat up more, Billie moved his head from my shoulder and leaned it on the headrest on the hotel bed.

"But Alice, he hasn't done anything wrong to me. And obviously, I and Billie are y'know-" she cut me off.

"-A thing!?" She shouted sounding mad.

"What! No no!" I looked over at Billie. Who nodded. "But I mean. There's something and if I were to just ditch Mike I would be ditching Tre and Billie too. And that's not the only reason I'm not, because I love all of them, I don't want Mike too loose me because he can't juggle a relationship and a band,"

"But I'm supposed to be your best friend? I was there for you before Billie and Mike and Tre."

Why is this so difficult. "Well- I know but, Billie?" I said to her.

"So why can Billie-" she said. Sort of scoffing as his name came out. Which may of pissed me off. "-Hold a relationship with you and his band but Mike can't?"

"That's not Mike's fault," Billie muttered. Obviously pissed off to hear the conversation.

"Yeah, it's not Mike's fault." I agreed.

"So you're meaning to tell me you're just gonna stay friends with them all? After this?"

"You was the one who roped yourself into getting with Mike, Alice," I said beginning to lose my temper. "And you were the one who decided you wanted to be in a relationship with him. And you're the one who's got dumped, okay? Not me. The boys haven't done anything to me. At all."

"You know what? That's fine. But you've lost me!" She said bitterly as she ended the call. I looked over at Billie.

"That was very unnecessary." He laughed. I couldn't help but laugh too, the only person who could make me feel better about shit situations was him. "But, you've known Alice for so long?"

"It's not about how long you've known someone Billie, it's about within the time you've known them what they've actually done for you. Alice never really cared a lot about certain things. I actually only use to go up to the rooftop sometimes because Alice would just leave me for her private violin lessons, and sometimes when I would try and talk to her about things she never seemed to care. But you've always been there for me y'know?" I said, trying not to sound sappy, or cliché or any of the sorts. But he nodded with a genuine smile.