[24] 4th place

I know I should have stopped thinking about what he said when the conversation between us was over. But it played over and over in my head ages after like a broken record or something.

I was in the bathroom getting ready for going bowling. Billie was out there getting changed so I was sort of waiting for him to let me know when he was done so I could come out and straighten my hair since I was already changed.

"Okay, you can come out now," I heard him say through the door. I came out and went and plugged my straighteners in. "I still don't understand why you needed to go into the bathroom while I got ready." He shrugged. "You saw me in my boxers and I saw you in your underwear."

"Oh shush Billie." I laughed sitting down in front of the mirror. He walked behind me and stood there as I saw him in the mirror.

"Can I do your hair?"

"No," I laughed. "Why would you want to?"

He shrugged. "Come on, I won't do it bad, it's just straightening it I can do that. Just let me." He begged as he pouted his bottom lip out.

"Fine." I gave in passing him over the hot straighteners.

He began picking up sections of my hair and carefully straightening them. I looked at him in the mirror, he was biting his bottom lip focusing. I thought about him not being able to stay home and having to move here.

Not being able to see him every day would hurt yeah, but not having him in my life at all would be much worse. I looked at him closely, he wasn't looking at me. He was too busy focusing.

"Okay, I think I've got it all." He smiled proudly at my hair then at me as he slowly and carefully set the straighteners down. I brought my hair in front of my shoulders and ran my fingers through it.

"Good job Beej," I smiled.

We went and got our shoes on and left the hotel room, we got into Billies car as he began to drive to bowling where we would meet Casey, Mike and Tre.

"Are you any good at bowling?" I asked him, looking over at him. His eyes on the road focusing but a crooked smile on his face.

"I'm a legend at bowling."

"Wow you are huh?" He nodded fast.

"Uh uh! I'm a master,"

"I thought you were a legend?"

"Shut up," he laughed quickly taking his arm off the steering wheel and shoving me, not hard but playfully as I laughed. We reached bowling as he parked the car in the parking lot, we got out and went inside to wait for Casey, Mike and Tre in the café.

"Hi love birds." Casey smiled walking into the café and swooping in on the seat next to mine.

"We aren't love birds." I told her pretending to frown.

"Hey losers," Tre joined pushing Billie up and sitting next to him as Mike joined.

"Hi Tre." I smiled.

"Hey guys, when are we going for the game?" Mike asked pushing up Tre and Billie and sitting down across from me and Casey.

"Well, we were waiting for you guys!" Billie said pushing up Tre and Mike for some space. "But now you're here we can go pay and get a lane."

Mike and Tre hopped up and so did I and Casey as Billie slipped up from his seat. We went and paid for our lane and put on the special bowling shoes and went down to our given lane.

Billie went up to the monitor and began putting everyone's name in.

'Tre', 'Mike', 'Casey', 'Marsha' and 'BJ'