I don't like mountains, or fights, well I like fights but only if I win

Isa POV

"Please! Please don't fight" I beg Katara and Sokka when their bickering turned to screaming "It hurts my ears" I say trying to hold my tears in. Katara and Sokka turn to look at me and frown.

"I'm sorry Isa we didn't mean to hurt you" Katara says and I nod

"I know" I mumble "It's just that... he would scream and it hurts" I mumble and rub the scar on my arm. Sokka and Katara look at me with sad eyes and I shake my head.

"But I'm fine now dont worry!" I say grinning, although I'm dying on the inside, but they dont need to know that.

"We're sorry, we wont scream again" Sokka says and goes back to building his tent. I smile and skip off to pet Appa. Katara and Sokka start bickering again, being careful not to scream. Aang walks over and I ignore the rest of their fight and continue petting Appa.

"Fights are so dumb" I say to Appa and he looks at me. I sit in front of him with my legs crossed and talk to him "Well there's not point in fights or war, you know? everyone always leaves scared and broken, or they die. No one wins, its a lose lose. And people get hurt. I fought with my brother before he left for war, I mean I told him I love him, but I wish I hadn't been angry with him" I say sadly and Appa huffs, which I take as a huff of understanding. I smile at Appa and pat his nose. "You are a really good listener" I thank Appa and stand up looking up at the night sky.

"You know we should get some sleep" I say and Aang agrees nodding his head.

"Do you want to set up you blanket somewhere" Sokka asks and I look at the two tress and point at them.

"There" I say and smile at Sokka taking my blanket and trying it in between the two tree. Sokka chuckles and steps into his sleeping bag, lying down and falling alseep. I hope into the makeshift hammock and look at the stars.

"Aang?" I call out quietly, careful not to wake anyone. I could sense he was awake and I sat up to look at him sitting on top of Appa.

"Yeah Isa?" He asks looking at me with tiered eyes

"Are you ok?" I ask. Aang looks at me and nods.

"It's just I feel alone sometimes, I'm the last air bender" Aang says and I nod

"Whenever I feel alone I look up at the stars and I know that I'm not alone, because there are thousands of other people looking at the same night" I say "My brother used to say that if you wave up at the stars a spirit would wave back at you" I say and send a small wave up to the sky

"That's nice" Aang says and I nod "how are you?" He asks and I look at him confused

"I'm fine, why?" I ask

"It's only been a couple days since you joined us, I just wanted to to make sure you were ok" Aang says and I nod

"I'm fine, I mean... I'll be fine" I shrug "you should get some sleep, I have a feeling that tomorrow won't be an easy day" I say and and lean back into my hammock.

"Good night" Aang says

"Night" I mumble and close my eyes, letting sleep take over.

The Next Day

"YOU ARE THE MOST ANNOYING AND -" Katara screams at Sokka but I place my fingers in my ears. I roll my eyes at their dumb behivour and continue walking towards some hole in the ground. We stop when we reach a... I dont know, like a huge hole in the ground and turn to look at Aang.

"This isn't that special" I say shrugging and he looks at me smiling

"This is the worlds biggest Canyon in the world" Aang say and I huff

"I guess since it's the biggest its cool" I shrug and turn around when I hear people behind us I nock an arrow and point it at the people. The two men stand there in shock and Aang puts his hand on my shoulder. I lower my weapon but keep the arrow in the bow as I wait to see what happens. I zoned out, since there was no danger, and the people were nice or something I dont care.

"Isa!" Katara zones me back in and I pull out a ninja star.

"Whats wrong?" I say ready to throw it at anyone who makes a sudden move. Katara sighs, used to me by now and puts her hand over mine.

"We are helping these people cross the Canyon" she says and I nod smiling.

"Yay, another adventure" I say and place the ninja star back in its place.

"where do you keep those?" Katara asks and I shrug

"Its a secret" I wink and start walking after Aang and the gaang. Ha! see what I did there? I laugh to myself and Sokka looks at me weirdly. I smile and skip up to where the man that is earthbending is, and aang, but the earthbending man looks cooler, no offense to the avatar or anything, I like his tattoos, I should get tattoos...

"Hey" I say to the man

"Hello" He smiles and waves

"Whats it like being an earthbender?" I ask and he smiles

"Great, I dont know who I would be without my bending" He says

"A normal person" I shrug "So how does it work?" I ask 

"earthbending?" He asks and I nod "Well I-" before he can say a big ass ant drops from the fucking sky and lands in front of us. My eyes widen and I take my knife out of my pants, and run towards the huge ant. huge mountain huge ant, of course. Before I can attack the big ant it throws the earthbender across the floor and his body hits the wall of the mountain. I frown and jump up on a rock, and again to reach the ants head. I land on its head and stick my knife in its eye until I hear a crunch, the ant falls and drops dead to the floor. I take my knife back and grimace.

"ewww I just cleaned my knife" I complain as I walk over to the earthbender. I watch as Katara deals with the now hysterical man and I sigh.

"SOKKA!" I call out

"What? Whats wrong" Sokka says running up to me.

"Oh, nothing I'm bored" I smile and Sokkas face drops

"you just killed a giant... thing! and you're bored!"

"What can I say, it takes a bit more than a giant 'thing' to keep me entertained" I say "also where is Appa?" Sokka hits his forehead with his head and sighs

"I cant" He says walking away and I chuckle

The rest of the trip was easy, I stayed with Aang most of the time fought off some more ants which was so much fun! I think I was sappost to learn some life lesson from this trip but I couldn't really care, I'm tierd, and I miss Appa. But then we climbed up the mountain on the ants and I said bye and I finally got to see Appa. We left with Appa and I waved good bye to the group of people.

"So that was fun" I say grinning

"Sometimes I worry about you" Sokka says and I laugh

"Well I worry about you all the time Sokka" I laugh and look up at the blue sky

———————
Hey guys!
I hope you are all having a lovely day and are taking care of yourself during these tough times. I'm always willing to talk if you would like to.