Fucking mind games and fake ass people

Isa POV

Instead if going to sleep after the bath I decided to put on the silk pajamas that the maids left out of me. I sit down on the floor with my legs crossed, placing my hands gently on the ground. Being on the ship, I wasn't grounded to the earth, but now I could find my friends, and maybe... just maybe find Aang alive.

I spread my hands out, feeling my connection to the earth and life on it strengthen. I flow through the ground, passing through the palace and off the island. I close my eyes tightly concentrating on the ocean and life in it. I search boats, and islands. I search the earth nation and the water tribes. I search the fire nation when I feel spiritual power in the oceans. My breath hitches. Aang. My mind dives into the ocean and I search every boat when I reach a fire nation boat. I feel tears build up in my eyes when my mind finds Aang. In a bed. Asleep. And alive with Katara watching over him. I smile, tears running down my face as I watch Katara heal Aang.

I move to another room, watching Sokka talk with his father, Toph sitting in the back. I grin, happy tears making my pajamas wet. I feel lightheaded, combing through the world taking too much out of me. I smile one last time before fainting, landing on the hard floor.

THE NEXT DAY

"Isa!" I hear someone yell. I groan, opening my eyes and looking up at Zuko. He kneels down in front of me and I sigh, closing my eyes again when Zuko shakes me to keep me awake.

I groan, still tiered from the whole emotional roller coaster of finding out Aang was still alive.  It feels like the weight of the world had been lifted of my shoulders and I'm finally free.

"Why are you on the floor?" Zuko asks picking my up bridal style and laying me down gently on the bed. I fight to keep my eyes open but they refuse, and I groan in frustration.

"I am so tired" I whisper when I feel Zuko place a blanket over me.

"Then go back to sleep" he mutters and I sigh, happy that I don't have to be mad at him anymore.

"I love you Zuko" I whisper, not aware of what I had said, and falling asleep to a choking Zuko and 2 squealing maids.

I wake up later that afternoon, completely unaware of what I had said before falling asleep. I open my eyes and look around the empty room. I get up and out of the bed, rummaging through the closet, which only contains dresses. I groan and pick a casual red dress, throwing it on and walking to the bathroom. I look around for my pants and shirt but all I can find is a note near the sink

We will sow you new ones
- Annie and Jasmine, the maids

I smile softly at the thought of someone taking their time to do that for me, when I look up at the mirror. I groan, touching my face in all the places that I hate. The big scar on my cheek. The burn on my neck. The scar on my eyebrow. The black hair I inherited from my father. I fight the urge to punch the mirror, but I just turn around, rubbing the two rock bracelets that were placed on me permanently so that Jerry can restrain me if needed. I walk out of the room and turn to look at Jerry.

"Hey Jerry" I say and he nods

"The prince is in his room if you would like to.. hang out?" He says the words 'hang out' like they are a different language and I smile.

"Yes, I would like to hang out with the prince" I say and walk over to the room. I knock twice before stepping back.

"I asked not to be disturbed!" I hear an angry Zuko yell as he throws the door open and my eyes widen as I take a step back my heartbeat racing.

"Oops, sorry didn't know" I say raising my hands in surrender. Zuko just stops, his eyes wide as he looks at me.

"I- sorry" he apologizes and I smile "I didn't realize it was you- I'll- well you aren't.."

"It's ok Zuko" I say noticing how much he's stumbling over his words "I'll come back another time"

"No- no" Zuko says loudly holding his hand out. I raise my eyebrow and he sighs "do you want to take a walk by the gardens?" He asks and I nod.

"I would love too" I chuckle and Zuko smiles, a slight blush creeping up on his cheeks before he closes his door and leads me to the gardens. Jerry stays behind and I wave to him before turning back to Zuko.

"Are you ok?" I ask and Zuko nods

"Yeah, I- do you remember this morning?" He asks and I look out at the open hallway, one side leading to the garden with columns and the other a cream wall.

"Umm I'm not sure" I say and Zuko looks down at the floor with a frown, so I make an effort to remember "ummm I think I passed out on the floor last night, and you... found me in the morning?" I ask and he nods.

"That's it?" He asks and i nod

"Why? Did I say something bad?" I ask worried about Aang, if Zuko knew he was alive then all hell would come loose. It would be better to let him live his fantasy.

"No, no" Zuko mumbles "nothing bad" he says and I breath in relief. We walk out towards the pond and I look down at the turtleducks.

"They are cute" I mumble taking a seat by the pond, Zuko sitting next to me.

"Yeah, I used to feed them with my mother" he says and I smile softly , knowing that she was out of the picture now "you are feeling better" Zuko notes and I nod, trying not to hint at any fact that Aang was still alive.

"I just... I don't know" I shrug and try to come up with some excuse "I had a good dream" I lie and Zuko raised an eyebrow.

"About?"

"My brother" I use him as an excuse, knowing that Zuko wouldn't question me. Zuko nods and we sit in a comfortable silence, when I remember that I had a question  "So what's the plan?" I ask looking at Zuko.

"What do you mean?" He asks, his gaze still fixed on the turtleducks.

"Well I can't stay here forever" I say "So am I going to prison? Executed?" I ask and Zukos eyes widen.

"No, no" he says turning to look at me, our
faces inches apart "I wouldn't let him execute you"

"Well that's a relief" I grin and Zuko chuckles

"I am not sure what's next" he says and I sigh "but you'll be fine, I promise"

"Promise?" I raise my eyebrows and Zuko nods.

"I promise" he repeats and I smile.

————-
Hey guys!
I hope you are having an amazing day! Have a wonderful week and stay healthy and safe 🌞🌞🌻🌻