Get in bitch we're going shopping

Isa POV

"Zuko, no I don't want another dress" I shake my head, turning back to look at the three guards who were trailing behind us with bags up to their heads.

"But Isa! This one is so pretty!" He points to silk black dress in the boutique and I chuckle.

"Zuko you got me a similar one back there" I point to a pink bag from the store we had visited half an hour ago and his eyebrow furrows.

"Oh" he says "well then you'll have two if one of them rips" he shrugs and I laugh, shaking my head for what felt like the hundredth time that day as he dragged me into the store.

"I have a few things that I actually need to buy" I confess as we step out of the boutique, and Zukos eyes lighten up.

"Really?" He asks exited "anything"

"I'm going to need gifts for the gaang..." I mumble shyly and his eyes shift a bit, before he nods.

"Alright" he smiles "what were you thinking?"

"I guess we should start with Sokkas gift" I mumble taking out my list, which does not include Aang, since I'm not so sure Zuko is ready to accept that he is alive yet.

"If you want to buy him food we could stop at lunch on the way there" he points to the restaurant in front of us and I nod. We walk into the restaurant and I notice that the guards don't walk in with us.

"Wait" I pull on Zukos shirt and he looks back at me "why arent they coming in?"

"Ummm..." Zuko mumbles

"Invite in to sit, it's a warm day" I ask him and he nods, waving them over.

"Prince Zuko?" One of the guards asks walking into the restraunt.

"Why don't you three sit at a table, order something" he advises and the guards eyes widen.

"That would be extremely unprofessional-"

"I insist" Zuko smiles and the guard nods, inviting in the rest of the guards and I watch as they take a seat at a table a bit farther from us. Zuko and I sit, and I smile at him.

"Thank you" I thank Zuko as the servers bring our menu

"For you" he smirks "I'd do anything"

I sigh in the shower, pressing a hand over an old wound that hasn't healed right. I lean against the wall with one hand, using the other to rub my ribs. The hot water cascades down my body, making it relax but the wound still feels sore.

"Isa?" Zuko asks and I look up at the door

"Yeah Z-zuko?" I ask my voice wavering when I move slightly. I wince, taking a seat on the floor.

"Isa? Are you ok?" He asks sounding extremely distressed, and I cough. Fuck this, I should have been a doctor so that I could have properly taken care of this shit.

"Yeah Zuko I'm fine" I yell back and he opens the bathroom door a smidge.

"Are you sure?" He asks and I smile softly

"Yeah, it's just a little wound that's acting up" I tilt my head back onto the wall, my hand pressed up against my ribs, trying to massage the pain away.

"Do you need my help?" He asks opening the door a smidge more and I look over to the door.

"I..." I look down "Yeah I guess" I mumble and he steps in, his hand over his eyes.

"You're sure?" He asks and I roll my eyes

"I wouldn't have said yes if I didn't want to you coming in" I smile softly and he removes his hand, his eyes locking onto mine

"What are you doing on the floor?" He asks walking up to me, shutting off the water so he doesn't get soaked and kneels down next to me.

"It hurt" I mumble pulling my hand away from my ribs and Zukos eyebrow furrows. He looks at my chest, not in a sexual way but with a look of deep concern.

"Where is the wound from?" Zuko asks and I bite my lip

"Remember a long time ago, when you tried to track down the avatar with June?" I ask and he nods "we fought?" I remind him and his eyes widen

"And I kicked you..." he whispers and I nod

"It's alright Zuko, I'm pretty sure I hit you too" I smile softly and he closes his eyes for a second, trying to regain his composure

"I'm sorry" he says

"Me too"

After a few seconds of silence Zuko opens his mouth "I could try something if you want" he looks into my eyes "but it'll only take the pain away for now" his fingers brush the ribs under my left breast

"Go for it" I nod and he places his hand over my ribs, concentration etched in his face. I feel his hand slowly warm, relaxing the pain and I sigh.

"Are you ok?" Zuko asks frantically "is it too hot?"

"It's perfect" I smile and he nods, rubbing his thumb over the ribs.

"I don't think they'll ever heal correctly" he mumbles offhand and I nod.

"Yeah, I know" I chuckle "the only way to fix them is to break them again and let them heal properly"

"I don't like that idea" Zuko mumbles still concentrated on keeping the temperature of his hand.

"Neither do I" I mutter and Zuko cracks a smile . He pulls his hand away and looks up at me

"Is that ok?" He asks and I nod

"It doesn't hurt at all" I trace my finger over the wound but feel nothing "you know, I knew a man once who believed fire could only bring death and destruction" i think back to Jeong Jeong as I caress Zukos cheek, and a smile forms on his face "but I think it can be a beautiful thing"

——————————————
Hey guys!
So the last paragraph is one of my personal favorite lines I've ever wrote! Just saying, I'm super proud of myself :)
Please comment and vote!

Have a wonderful day! 🌻🌻🌞🌞