Is it too late now to say sorry? Cause i really wanna teach you bending

Isa POV

I watch as Haru, Teo and the Duke run off to explore the temple. I sit down with Toph, Aang, Sokka, and Katara with a sigh, tired of explaining everything that has happened.

"So what's the game plan?" I ask and Sokka huffs.

"Well we should go back to the old plan of Aang mastering all four elements and facing Fire Lord Ozai before Sozin's Comet arrives" he says looking up at Aang but he frowns.

"I don't like that idea" Aang mutters "and I don't know where I could get a fire bending teacher" he complains and I open my mouth

"What about Jeong Jeong?" Katara asks before I can suggest Zuko

"I doubt we'll see him again" Aang says gravely and I open my mouth again, when Aang gets up, leaving.

"Zuko could teach him" I say finally and Sokka and Katara look at me, Toph tilts her head.

"No" Katara says and I frown

"But Katara-"

"Look Isa" she says kindly "I know he's your boyfriend now but... that doesn't mean we" she says looking at Sokka and Toph "trust him"

"From what she's told us it sounds like he's changed" Toph says and I nod, ignoring the fact that she is talking as if I'm not in the room.

"I don't know..." Sokka says obviously not wanting to take a side.

"Aang has to learn fire bending" I emphasize "he has to"

"Not from Zuko" Katara ends the conversation getting up and walking away. I sigh, playing with my white hair, looking at Sokka.

"He can't defeat Fire Lord Ozai with fire bending" I say gravely "trust me"

We fallow Aang on Appa trying to convince him to try and stick to the old plan when he stops, landing on the floor of the temple. We guid Appa down to the floor, when I notice someone else standing in front of us. Zuko! I jump off, wanting to run over to him when Sokka places an arm on my shoulder.

"Hello" Zuko rises his arm "Zuko here" he says in the sweetest voice and I smile. Sokka elbows me in the gut and I glare at him. "Hey, I heard you guys flying around down there, so, I just thought I'd wait for you here" he shrugs and Appa groans, before licking Zuko. I giggle and he smiles at me, before turning to face the gaang " I know you must be surprised to see me here"

"No, not really" Sokka mutters "since you chased us across the world"

"Right. Well, uhhh ... anyway ... what I wanted to tell you about is that I've changed, and I, uhhh, I'm good now, and well I think I should join your group, oh, and I can teach firebending to you" he points to Aang and I smile brightly, I'm such a good Spiritual guid! "See, I, uhhh ..."

"Wait you want to what?" Toph asks surprised that he actually wants to teach Aang

"You can't possibly think that any of us would trust you, can you? I mean, how stupid do you think we are?!" Katara yells and I turn to face her

"Katara-"

"Yeah! All you've ever done is hunt us down and chase Aang!" Sokka adds and I frown.

"Guys that's not-"

"I've done some good things! I mean, I could have stolen your bison in Ba Sing Se, but I set him free. That's something" Zuko exclaims and Appa licks him again

"Appa does seem to like him" Toph mumbles offhand and I nod.

"Yeah and-"

"He probably just covered himself in honey or something so that Appa would lick him. I'm not buying it." Sokka interrupts me AGAIN and I huff.

"I can understand why you wouldn't trust me, and I know I've made some mistakes in the past." Zuko admits and I try to walk to him, only causing Sokka to place a tighter grip on my shoulder.

"You mean like when you attacked my village?" Sokka asks

"Or when you stole my mother's necklace?" Katara adds

"Look, I admit I've some awful things. I was wrong to try to capture you, and I'm sorry that I attacked the Water Tribe. And I never should have sent that Fire Nation assassin after you" my eyes widen and I turn to face Zuko.

"You did what?" I ask and Toph chuckles

"He's in the doghouse" she whispers and I ignore her

"You sent an assassin after my friends?"

"Well it was before we were dating..." Zuko scratches his neck and I sigh

"You sent Combustion Man after us" Sokka glares at Zuko, pulling out his boomerang and my eyes widen.

"That's not his names but..." Zuko mumbles

"Oh sorry!" Sokka rolls his eyes "didn't mean to insult your friend!"

"He's not my friend!"

"That guy locked me and Katara in jail and tried to blow us all up!" Toph exclaims and my eyes widen even farther. Zuko looks at me a bit distressed before turning to look at Aang.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" Zuko asks and Aang "you once said you thought we could be friends" he says softly and I turn to face Aang.

"We cant trust you Zuko" Aang shakes his head

"Leave or we attack" Sokka warns

"But Sokka-"

"No" he deadpans and I turn to look at Zuko.

"If you won't accept me as a friend, then maybe you'll take me as a prisoner." Zuko kneels down, dropping his head and raises his arms on surrender. I feel Kataras stance shift to a water bending one and I jump in front of Zuko.

"Stop!" I yell at her and she looks at me surprised. I grab Zukos hands, pulling him up "he came to you guys in peace! Aang has to learn fire bending and trust me, there is no one else in this fucking world that is willing to teach him" I bring them back to reality and everyone calms down. I sigh, turning back to Zuko and interlacing my fingers with his "I'm going to go with Zuko, and I'll be back in a bit" I mutter, pulling Zuko away from the group.

"Thanks" he mumbles once we get out of earshot from the group and I shake my head.

"Assassin?" I ask "if I didn't love you you'd be dead" Zuko smiles shyly, kissing my cheek and I roll my eyes.

"I love you too" he mumbles and I sigh

"So how are you?" I ask as we walk out of the temple and back to where Zuko has set up camp.

"I'm..." he shrugs, and I look up at him. By now he knows that I don't judge, and we had gotten into a pattern of being completely honest with each other at all times "the last time I was here, I was with my uncle" he explains as we take a seat under a tree, and I raise an eyebrow at his terrible attempt at making a tent.

"Were you rude? Or just miss him?" I ask shifting my gaze back to Zuko and he leans his head into his arms in frustration

"Both" he mutters and I frown, placing an arm on his back

——————————————————
Hey guys!
Hope you are having a wonderful day! 🌻🌻🌻✨